Resident ID Cards

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Default Resident ID Cards

We are closing on our new home Wednesday and will be arriving in TV on Thursday afternoon. Can someone please tell me where we would go to obtain our ID cards? Our house is north in the Village of Alhambra. Thanks!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Veteran member

You should be able to go to the closing office (across the street from the furniture store) in Lake Sumter Landing to get them.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Default Did not use The Properties of TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
You should be able to go to the closing office (across the street from the furniture store) in Lake Sumter Landing to get them.
We used an outside realtor, would they still be able to process the IDs? If not, I would assume they would be able to head us in the right direction. They were very helpful when we came down last month. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Default Congratulations

They will take your pictures and make up your permanent ID cards when they give you the keys and the garage door remotes when you go to closing. ENJOY. I'm sure you are as excited as my better half and I are.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Sage

Hi Socrafty,
Congratulations on your new home in Lower Paradise! Also, welcome to TOTV. Like you, we used an MLS Realtor and TV did not handle our closing.

No problem! After our closing (which we did by mail), we went to the Sales Office at Spanish Springs to get our resident ID's. It was in '09 and my sometimers is acting up, so I don't remember if we took our closing papers with us or if they already had the info from our closing or both. I do remember that it was easy and hassle free. We called in advance to find out the process. Call the sales office at 352-753-2270. They'll be able to tell you what you need.

Welcome!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Socrafty,
Congratulations on your new home in Lower Paradise! Also, welcome to TOTV. Like you, we used an MLS Realtor and TV did not handle our closing.

No problem! After our closing (which we did by mail), we went to the Sales Office at Spanish Springs to get our resident ID's. It was in '09 and my sometimers is acting up, so I don't remember if we took our closing papers with us or if they already had the info from our closing or both. I do remember that it was easy and hassle free. We called in advance to find out the process. Call the sales office at 352-753-2270. They'll be able to tell you what you need.

Welcome!
We also are closing by mail and I can tell you my head is spinning right now with the running around we have to do before we leave on Wednesday. I definately will call the sales office to see what we will need to bring, thanks for the phone number.

Please keep the sunshine out for us! Right now it is cold, cloudy and windy in Cleveland!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

You may have to go the Wedgewood office to get your ids (Buena Vista and 466 shopping center -- Publix is there) since you used an outside realtor. I'm sure the sales office can steer you in the right direction if that's the case. A plus to the Wedgewood office is you can make an appointment.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Platinum member

We bought fsbo and closed last July. Went to closing office at Lake Sumter across from furniture store to pick up ID cards and miscellaneous stuff!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Veteran member

Welcome to TV and Alhambra. We closed in august and received our IDs at closing at the Spanish Springs sales office. We used a TV agent, so it might not be the same.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 04-24-2012, 05:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyjon431 View Post
Welcome to TV and Alhambra. We closed in august and received our IDs at closing at the Spanish Springs sales office. We used a TV agent, so it might not be the same.
Cappy...did you mean Lake Sumter Landing Sales office? I thought they had closed the one at Spanish Springs. I am often wrong.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Cappy...did you mean Lake Sumter Landing Sales office? I thought they had closed the one at Spanish Springs. I am often wrong.
We definitely got ours at the sales office in Spanish Springs. At the corner of Paige Place and Main Street. It's still around.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 AM
Bosoxfan

Generally, you get your ID's at the Spanish Springs closing office on a pre-owned home north of 466. Best thing to do is to call the sales office, and ask to talk to someone in closing. They will check on everything for you before you venture out and get frustrated. Especially with a third party closing, you need to make sure the Villages closing office has all the paperwork to issue your ID's. You may also want to call the third party agent to find out where to get your keys, garage door opener, etc. These are turned in by the seller at closing. Unlike a new home, these are not controlled by The Villages. Let your fingers do the walking.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:47 AM

I will call the sales office to find out where to go and what I need to bring.

Our realtor will have the keys and door openers for us when we arrive and the title company is handling the paperwork with TV.

I am glad I found this site in November. Reading the posts has given us a lot of good information. We have learned many things we never would have thought of.

Thanks for all the replies!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.