Are there many weekenders?

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Default Are there many weekenders?

We are relocating to FL for a job less than 2 hrs from TV. We are thinking of buying a place there now and using it as a weekend get-away until we retire. (Which we hope will be 5-6 yrs). We don't know a soul in FL and have found folks in TV so friendly when we have visited (4 times). Since we will only be in TV Friday evenings until Monday mornings, we are wondering if there are groups/social activities to get involved in on the weekends? We know about the music at the squares but are wondering about other activites where we can meet people. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:48 AM

That's what we will be doing at the beginning. I think it will work. There are many activities each day in TV.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Default I'am seriously considering...

...doing the same thing.

I retired in 08'. Wife still works but LOVES her job. We have a Daughter that will be in her Senior year of High School Next year...and then will be going to a local college. We have a very nice place here, free from restrictions that allow me to pursue my interests.

I can hanger my airplane here, at a VERY REASONABLE rate and not far away. From what I'am learning, hanger space at airports around TV is a precious commodity and quite pricey (3X what I pay now). We live in Jacksonville, Florida. Only 2 hours away (by car) from TV.

I'am ready to enjoy the TV lifestyle NOW...So...I think a second home in the villages would be an excellent idea. I'am thinking a smaller place for now and probably upgrading in the future when the wife decides to retire.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Sage

Lvmypug2,

We're snowflakes too. Hubby still works full-time, but has eight weeks vacation. We come down for long weekends or for nine days (a week bookended with weekends) at a time, as often as we can.

He plans to retire within the next couple of years. For now, we enjoy every minute of the limited time we can spend there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.