Resident passes

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2019, 07:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
If you rent for a month you will get 2 resident passes, as a resident you can go down and get a guest pass for the other person, same privileges and that is not taking advantage of the system, that is how the system works. What do owners do that have their adult children living with them?
They usually are issued a 'non-owner resident card'. These are blue rather than green and carry all the rights of an owner.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlorigan View Post
I was there last year with a guest pass, and was asked to leave an exercise class and a bridge group because I didn't have a resident pass. You may be right when it's not crowded, but when it is full you will be asked to leave. Very embarrassing. Trying to avoid this with three people this year. We were also not allowed in several swimming pools
Unfortunately, classes fill very quickly in the winter and the class leaders are often forced to set priorities as to who gets in. As far as pools, you must have been at a sports pool or a country club pool. All family pools and neighborhood pools allow guests.

https://www.districtgov.org/departme...ges/RecMap.pdf
Old 09-23-2019, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,514 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
They are renters...they don’t pay an amenity fee.
The monthly amenity fee paid by the homeowner (whoever that happens to be) is based on two occupants, not three.

The point stands, regardless of whether you (personally) acknowledge that the word you (general) can be used generally in addition to specifically.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:16 AM

Two beautiful women, Graciegirl!
Old 09-23-2019, 10:45 AM

Residents give up ( or should do) their Resident Passes to their renters and become Guests.. so why should Guests be entitled to ask for more that 2 Resident Passes. the guest pass covers most facilities.. except regional Rec Pools, and some Golf courses, and "wait your turn" to sign up for activities, residents/renter first... Learn to wait in line. Try coming in a quieter time to TV then you will be able to use more facilities.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

The country club pools are only for residents who pay for a priority pool membership. The sports pools at the regional recreation centers like Rohan, Eisenhower etc. are for residents only. The pools at Villages rec centers like Manatee, Bradenton etc. are available to guests and children. The neighborhood pools are available to guests over 30. Up to four people may have resident passes, providing they are all on the title.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
Residents give up ( or should do) their Resident Passes to their renters and become Guests.. so why should Guests be entitled to ask for more that 2 Resident Passes. the guest pass covers most facilities.. except regional Rec Pools, and some Golf courses, and "wait your turn" to sign up for activities, residents/renter first... Learn to wait in line. Try coming in a quieter time to TV then you will be able to use more facilities.
why should Guests be entitled to ask for more that 2 Resident Passes. Cause that's the rule?

except regional Rec Pools, Which ones?

some Golf courses Which ones?

to use more facilities Which ones?

---------------
You may find this of interest, Guest Guidelines...….Village Community Development Districts
Old 09-23-2019, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

So... Can anybody give up their resident pass to another person if they're not planning to use it, even though that person is not renting to them?

In other words, if I, an owner, am going to be away for a month, could I give up my resident pass for that period of time to a person renting a house down the street?
Old 09-23-2019, 01:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
They are renters...they don’t pay an amenity fee.
Yes they do. It is part of their rent. Believe me, for what they pay in high season, they are covering the amenity fees, probably for the whole year.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 09-23-2019, 02:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
So... Can anybody give up their resident pass to another person if they're not planning to use it, even though that person is not renting to them?

In other words, if I, an owner, am going to be away for a month, could I give up my resident pass for that period of time to a person renting a house down the street?
I don't know what the official ruling would be, but I can tell you based on the form that you could probably do it, you just have to give up your card, fill out the form, and pay the $50.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 09-23-2019, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
I don't know what the official ruling would be, but I can tell you based on the form that you could probably do it, you just have to give up your card, fill out the form, and pay the $50.
The reason I asked is because maybe the OP or the person she's renting from could find a resident's pass from another person who isn't using it for some reason (going to be away, illness, whatever...).
Old 09-23-2019, 03:32 PM
Veteran member

The OP might ask their rental agent if they have another rental that is not using both their passes that month.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

The ID's are tied to the unit. So, my guess is that you can not hold an ID from a unit that you are not occupying. Of course, one phone call would get the answer.
Closed Thread

Tags
resident, passes, pay, pass, property

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.