Residential Cellular Booster Recommendations

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2021, 10:09 AM
Default Residential Cellular Booster Recommendations

We just moved into our home south of 44 and our AT&T cellular reception is non-existent in most rooms and maybe one-bar in the living room. We strictly use our AT&T mobile hotspot for our Internet and television streaming needs. We have a WeBoost mobile cellular booster that works really well in our Motorhome and I was curious if anyone has installed a cellular booster inside their home. Since most of the homes are built with concrete blocks, I was unsure if there was a solution. Switching carriers would be a last resort of ours since we have a great grandfathered data plan.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,115 Posts

When I first moved to fenney service was almost nonexistent like some I was ready to get a landline , but someone told me to scroll down to call WiFi I never dropped another call when the tower came on line I shut it off . If you do use the call WiFi when you finally get a good tower connection shut it off because it will start interacting with your tower signal
Old 01-09-2021, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,222 Times in 2,277 Posts

Call AT&T and complain about service then ask them for a free solution, there have been several previous reports of various carriers providing free mini hot spots or boosters. Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:30 AM
Sage

AT&T sunsetted their "Microcell" box. This was a box that created a small cellular zone in your house and then routed the calls through the internet via your router. I believe the reason they subsetted it is because most cellphones now support "Wi-Fi calling". If you enable this on your phone then your calls will essentially be Voice-over-IP calls routed through your wireless router. You should see "5 bars".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsJayhawkers View Post
We just moved into our home south of 44 and our AT&T cellular reception is non-existent in most rooms and maybe one-bar in the living room. We strictly use our AT&T mobile hotspot for our Internet and television streaming needs. We have a WeBoost mobile cellular booster that works really well in our Motorhome and I was curious if anyone has installed a cellular booster inside their home. Since most of the homes are built with concrete blocks, I was unsure if there was a solution. Switching carriers would be a last resort of ours since we have a great grandfathered data plan.
Closed Thread

Tags
cellular, booster, home, at&t, mobile

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.