Residents vs. Non-Residents

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2020, 07:06 AM

Ok …. this question does not involve the topic, but I need to ask it. I'm relatively new to TOTV and other social media forums, but I see the following response in this post as well as others; "///". I have no idea what is trying to be conveyed. Can someone give me the definition? Thank you.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
Ok …. this question does not involve the topic, but I need to ask it. I'm relatively new to TOTV and other social media forums, but I see the following response in this post as well as others; "///". I have no idea what is trying to be conveyed. Can someone give me the definition? Thank you.
This forum does not allow a poster to delete a post. A window pops up and says the post is too short or some such warning. /// is an easy way to delete a post and actually retain "text" in the post.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjsmithx View Post
I don't disagree with the point, they are private businesses. However, as residents we do pay for upkeep (golf cart paths, etc.) that outsiders do not.
Non residents should not be able to use golf carts in The Villages. There may be a few that sneak on through the Orange Blossom gate but I would think that they are very few.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

The country clubs are open to anyone and if she wants to play golf, she has to pay a higher price and also a cart fee..
Old 02-28-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
This forum does not allow a poster to delete a post. A window pops up and says the post is too short or some such warning. /// is an easy way to delete a post and actually retain "text" in the post.
Thank you Coffeebean.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I recently had a very unpleasant conversation with a person that used to live in the villages and decided to move outside. However, this person continues to eat at the local country club restaurant and continues to play golf on the championship courses. Her reason for leaving was the amount of the amenity fees and the bond. Should we restrict access to the country clubs and the golf courses to the residents who pay for the upkeep of all of these facilities? I continue to be amazed by the people who want to be negative about the Villages but still chose to take part in what is offered. And before the negative comments roll in, I have been coming to the Villages since 1998 and have owned here for 8 years. Oh, and her reason for still coming here; she doesn't have those amenities where she chose to buy, even though she champions the lack of amenity fees she pays.
I'm sorry for your negative experience. Not everyone chooses to live in The Villages. I appreciate those non-Villages residents paying a higher price to use our Championship courses. I'm sure all our resturants appreciate the extra business, too. Their support makes more options available for all of us. Without a resident ID or Guest Pass, access to the over 3,000 LifeStyle groups like State clubs, yoga, dance, art, music, sports, etc., are not possible. Use of any of our 80+ Recreational Centers with pools, billards, bocce ball, shuffleboard, corn hole toss, horse shoes, tennis, softball, pickleball, etc. are NOT permitted. So, it's OK with me and I appreciate their contrubution towards our economy!
Old 02-28-2020, 09:17 AM

Smart person. Many many outsiders do that. Free country. No way to change or regulate it. Outsiders cannot use the pools but many many do anyway.
Anyone can sell and move just outside the bubble and continue to use almost all the amenities for free, thereby fleecing the Schwartz-Morse cartel. What a great country!
Old 02-28-2020, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

One day recently at our neighborhood pool out of 20 at the pool, when they were checked, one person had a resident card besides me and I was in the water. Some were guests but not all. Next day when cards were checked again, much fewer nonresidents. The ones with no IDs, quickly jumped in the water.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
Thank you Coffeebean.
Glad to help.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:26 PM
Default Not cost-effective!

As The Villages resident, including the priority membership, it is VERY cost-effective to live inside The Villages and to pay at the priority membership fees, including your OWN golf cart. As a non-resident, you pay almost twice (the cost of the course fee plus the cart rental fee)! Also, much less time in traveling inside The Villages as compared to the frequent trips between The Villages and wherever they live!

:MOJE_ whot:
Old 02-28-2020, 03:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtacba View Post
Smart person. Many many outsiders do that. Free country. No way to change or regulate it. Outsiders cannot use the pools but many many do anyway.
Anyone can sell and move just outside the bubble and continue to use almost all the amenities for free, thereby fleecing the Schwartz-Morse cartel. What a great country!
Anyone who sells their The Villages home and moves outside of The Villages, no longer has a valid The Villages ID. Isn't the ID cancelled when the resident moves out of The Villages? Without a valid ID, non residents can not partake in all the amenities.
Non residents do sneak into our pools but can be caught when spot checks are done by checking IDs.
Old 02-29-2020, 09:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtacba View Post
This make zero sense. The "Schwartz-Morse cartel" is not affected by amenity use, either by residents or non-residents. They don't own the amenities.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
I recently had a very unpleasant conversation with a person that used to live in the villages and decided to move outside. However, this person continues to eat at the local country club restaurant and continues to play golf on the championship courses. Her reason for leaving was the amount of the amenity fees and the bond. Should we restrict access to the country clubs and the golf courses to the residents who pay for the upkeep of all of these facilities? I continue to be amazed by the people who want to be negative about the Villages but still chose to take part in what is offered. And before the negative comments roll in, I have been coming to the Villages since 1998 and have owned here for 8 years. Oh, and her reason for still coming here; she doesn't have those amenities where she chose to buy, even though she champions the lack of amenity fees she pays.
You know this person has someone in TV that's getting them a guest pass or they're paying a hell of a lot of money to play golf here. You have to live I think 40 miles from TV to even be a guest here. Besides wouldn't you think TV would get some RED FLAGS about them coming so much, TV must not screen people very often. This person could get a better deal playing outside the bubble, Championship courses here aren't cheap. Hope the person that's giving them illegal guest passes gets caught!
Old 02-29-2020, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
One day recently at our neighborhood pool out of 20 at the pool, when they were checked, one person had a resident card besides me and I was in the water. Some were guests but not all. Next day when cards were checked again, much fewer nonresidents. The ones with no IDs, quickly jumped in the water.
Easy solution----make the people in the pool get out and show their IDs. Word will get around quickly, even quicker if they prosecute those people for trespassing.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:04 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I recently read of a stealth RVer, a senior age man who lives in an old motorhome which he parks on streets and in parking lots, who frequents the pools in TV. He jumps into the water to evade ID checks. He is surely not the only one.

ID checks need to be conducted randomly and thoroughly to be effective. I imagine that during the season people sneaking in from surrounding communities add considerably to the crowding.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, negative, courses, golf, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.