Respect for Police/Sheriff

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2022, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
just my opinion, but those smart cars have no place on the golf paths. the 1st time i saw it i almost called community watch until somebody said it was ok. if i had a cart, i'd hate to see those coming @ me on such a small pathway. looks like an accident waiting to happen
Smart Cars are allowed on The Villages multi modal paths? I did not know that.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
and it's even more entertaining when 2 of them pass on the Lake Sumter bridge
Old 06-27-2022, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
They are most definitely NOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
just my opinion, but those smart cars have no place on the golf paths. the 1st time i saw it i almost called community watch until somebody said it was ok. if i had a cart, i'd hate to see those coming @ me on such a small pathway. looks like an accident waiting to happen
I think you may be confusing "Smart (brand) electric cars" with the LEGAL GOLF CARTS that look like Smart (brand) electric cars. There are "Smart" brand electric cars (made by Mercedes Benz) that are not allowed on any path, then there are the GOLF CARTS that CLOSELY RESEMBLE Smart(brand) electric cars and are required to follow all golf cart laws, rules & regs and are air conditioned and can legally go anywhere you go in your Yamamamahah. They even are often seen ON the golf courses. One is a LEGAL golf cart , the other a LICENSED VEHICLE that can go 80mph. The "golf cart" CAN be made street legal just like any other regular golf cart you see running down Morse or BV except this one has A/C, heat & wipers and power windows etc etc.. Most are NOT street legal and are no different than a golf cart and in fact are SMALLER than MANY golf carts. You shouldn't let them worry you unless you see a Smart (brand) electric Vehicle cruising down the MMP at 60MPH. Some newbies and snowbirds have accidentally ended up on the MMP's with real cars. We recently saw a Cadillac trying to get through the LSL tunnel.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	449
Size:	363.6 KB
ID:	94322   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	456
Size:	488.5 KB
ID:	94323  
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 06-27-2022 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-27-2022, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
I'm not sure that they are.
The original "Smart" Car, made by Mercedes, is no longer sold new in America and haven't been since 2019. But that car was designed as a road automobile. I see a few golf buggies that look a whole lot like a "Smart" car (and might be just as spendy) but aren't. They're golf cars in fancy clothing, notwithstanding that some of them have A/C, high-end sound system, etc. etc.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:37 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I believe a good indication of the lack of respect for our Sheriff's Deputies and Office can be found just by riding the Golf Path that runs next to 466 between CVS and 441/27. Almost everyone knows there is a Sheriff's office at the intersection of 466 and Morse Bld. however the speed of vehicles on 466 makes it a good racetrack ignoring any Sheriff's station on the side. To a degree it is the same on the Golf Path. We were cut off in our Golf Cart on the path by a light blue "Smart Car" which was doing at least 30-35mph! If in fact there is a total disregard for traffic controls around a Sheriff's Office what makes anyone think anywhere else there is concern regarding speeding.
I drive 5 to 7 miles over on 466. It has nothing to do on whether or not I respect the sheriffs department (which I have nothing but respect for all law enforcement) it has to do with 466 should be 50 mile an hour zone not 45……just saying
Old 06-28-2022, 05:39 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
On the same note, the same can be said about Hwy's 441/27 Hwy 42 or Hwy 301 racetracks.

Not only the speed and dangerous driving, how about the exhaust-less noise on motorcycles that seems to be excepted by the general public.

Seriously, at my age, retired and far gone from my youth, I find a lot of things are out of my control, so enjoy your time that you have left.
The most dangerous road right now is 441 / 27 from Sam’s Club to 466. It is a hot mess. To many curves and weird lines.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Flip side of the coin: I drive at the speed limit in the Villages. Why should I or anyone else care if someone is speeding? They pass, they go, they're gone. Not my problem. In fact, give me a 25 year old "speeding" any day over a 90 year old driving 20 in a 35 zone----they're far more dangerous
When drivers pass me, doing 15 to 20 MPH over the limit, I say to myself, "Thanks, you're the one that they are waiting for and I can continue at my speed."
Old 06-28-2022, 06:24 AM

Stop complaining and speed like everyone else. Cut someone off also. Whining
Old 06-28-2022, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Flip side of the coin: I drive at the speed limit in the Villages. Why should I or anyone else care if someone is speeding? They pass, they go, they're gone. Not my problem. In fact, give me a 25 year old "speeding" any day over a 90 year old driving 20 in a 35 zone----they're far more dangerous
Don't ban high performance cars...just low performance drivers!
Old 06-28-2022, 07:05 AM

If you drive the lawful speed limit and others do not, they and they alone will bear the consequences of a ticket or possible accident.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
No license vehicle should be on MMP. But, these LSVs get pass cause of the entitled golfers.
Actually, licensed golf carts are allowed on the MMP but should not exceed 20 mph when on the MMP.

Some people are calling the carts they see “smart cars” but they are actually Atomic golf carts and MUST use the MMP unless licensed. Once licensed, they can use the MMP at speeds not to exceed 20 mph. They may also drive on any road with posted speed limits not exceeding 35 mph.

Smart cars are automobiles and are not allowed on the MMP.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED !!!!!

Man has since the beginning of time, been involved in going quicker and faster. It's in our blood (most of us anyway). However, the quest for speed involves some degree of danger, that's why we have brakes, seat belts, turn signals and parachutes. The problem is that lots of people don't use their brakes (in a timely fashion), seat belts and turn signals. That's why there are accidents.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:13 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
If you drive the lawful speed limit and others do not, they and they alone will bear the consequences of a ticket or possible accident.
Well, you should have left off the "possible accident". Speeding is often related to multi-car crashes. So, other people are affected. The rest you got right.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HospitalCoder View Post
Actually, licensed golf carts are allowed on the MMP but should not exceed 20 mph when on the MMP.

Some people are calling the carts they see “smart cars” but they are actually Atomic golf carts and MUST use the MMP unless licensed. Once licensed, they can use the MMP at speeds not to exceed 20 mph. They may also drive on any road with posted speed limits not exceeding 35 mph.

Smart cars are automobiles and are not allowed on the MMP.
Nice, simple, concise, none insulting and informative.

Thank you.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Flip side of the coin: I drive at the speed limit in the Villages. Why should I or anyone else care if someone is speeding?
There's the All-American attitude!
Closed Thread

Tags
sheriffs, path, golf, office, respect

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.