Respect for Police/Sheriff

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2022, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Post #18 has pictures that will show you the similarities of a Smart Car and a Atomic looking Smart CART.

I’m pretty sure He’ll is Going to Freeze Over Today! Can’t believe we agree on something. It’s a miracle.
Old 06-29-2022, 05:29 AM

there are no speed limits.. go whatever you want until you wreck, then the fun starts.
Old 06-29-2022, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Flip side of the coin: I drive at the speed limit in the Villages. Why should I or anyone else care if someone is speeding? They pass, they go, they're gone. Not my problem. In fact, give me a 25 year old "speeding" any day over a 90 year old driving 20 in a 35 zone----they're far more dangerous
Pretty general statement that doesn't make much sense. How many 90 year-olds do you know who still drive? And when you talk speeding, how much over the speed limit are you talking? Very few people these days actually drive the speed limit or less, which is a much bigger problem and the cause of most of the accidents that occur.
Stop worrying about the 90 year-olds driving; if they do, they're just a nuisance, and not likely to cause an accident unless the people behind them are too impatient like most people are and the reason they speed which causes the accidents.
Old 06-29-2022, 07:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Why all of a sudden are you beating up on TV law enforcement! What’s your point?
Old 06-29-2022, 08:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
Welcome to the entitled villagers!
The few trying to ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:20 AM
Veteran member
Default you're retired - why speed ???

I dont get it ? getting to the cemetary faster ?
Old 06-29-2022, 08:24 AM
Veteran member

A lot of The drivers here in TV are pretty bad, in cars or golf carts. For cars, I see people take 5 or more seconds to start moving after a green light, going up to 10 mph slower than the speed limit, slow drivers in the left lane, and the worst drivers don’t know how to navigate the roundabouts.
In golf carts, going much slower than typical but when you try to pass, magically the golf cart goes much faster.
Why can’t drivers let people pass them who want to go the speed limit or maybe a little faster? If somebody gets on my tail and I’m going as fast as I can go in my golf cart, I’ll let them pass as soon as it’s safe and most of the time they will say thanks as they pass
Old 06-29-2022, 09:47 AM

Hands need to be at 9 & 3 to avoid getting slapped in the face,
ltcherb
Old 06-29-2022, 10:12 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
It's not just here, it's everywhere all over the country. I don't see it as "disrespect" I see it as unsafe. But, then as much as I try to stay at or below the speed limit, sometimes it gets old having fists shaken at me as the speeders fly by. I guess, it seems that trying to go with the flow (same speed as most are going) is safest in the end.
Many off duty police in their own private cars often speed too. I’m talking 25-30miles and hour over the speed limit. If pulled over, they show their badge and get a pass. Trust me they were my friends and many moons ago we had a good working relationship. Comes with the job giving out those speeding tickets.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:30 AM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi
Default That is why the community needs community free travel. Why is that not provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Not too many 90 year olds driving, maybe 2 out of 1000. Yep, just what want to meet 25 year old or less coming at me texting.
. This a very negative selling point, they made no previsions for this important problem, when a senior or 75 years old or 90 years old purchase a home there, they forget senior retirees that don's drive needs to go shopping, doctor appointments, amenity center that cost a lot of money to take a cab. So, special if you are a nondriver looking there do you due diligence before you move there.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:47 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Speed limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz View Post
I drive 5 to 7 miles over on 466. It has nothing to do on whether or not I respect the sheriffs department (which I have nothing but respect for all law enforcement) it has to do with 466 should be 50 mile an hour zone not 45……just saying
You make a good point. Recently we were in South Dakota where the legal speed limit was 80 mph. Of course, many were traveling at 90mph. Wide open spaces there but not so much on 466 but I don’t think 50mph is too fast for 466. The “Truck lobby” worked very hard to get the limit raised to that of a car. You see a number of truck/car accidents and those in a car come out on the short end. Is a large truck traveling at 70mph (and more) making it unsafe for a car traveling 70mph? After traveling more than two thousand miles on Interstates recently, I’m beginning to wonder… BTW, trooper’s patrolling the Interstate highways certainly have my respect.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeCurmudgeon View Post
Pretty general statement that doesn't make much sense. How many 90 year-olds do you know who still drive? And when you talk speeding, how much over the speed limit are you talking? Very few people these days actually drive the speed limit or less, which is a much bigger problem and the cause of most of the accidents that occur.
Stop worrying about the 90 year-olds driving; if they do, they're just a nuisance, and not likely to cause an accident unless the people behind them are too impatient like most people are and the reason they speed which causes the accidents.
Just about everything you just stated is wrong. More accidents are caused by slower drivers than speeders. And there are plenty of 90 year olds driving in TV and Florida, but if you don't like that age, substitute 85 or 80. The point is, that regardless of age, slow drivers are a far greater danger than a "speeder". Just ask LEOs or truck drivers.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
You make a good point. Recently we were in South Dakota where the legal speed limit was 80 mph. Of course, many were traveling at 90mph. Wide open spaces there but not so much on 466 but I don’t think 50mph is too fast for 466. The “Truck lobby” worked very hard to get the limit raised to that of a car. You see a number of truck/car accidents and those in a car come out on the short end. Is a large truck traveling at 70mph (and more) making it unsafe for a car traveling 70mph? After traveling more than two thousand miles on Interstates recently, I’m beginning to wonder… BTW, trooper’s patrolling the Interstate highways certainly have my respect.
maybe not, but you would have loved a post from about 4 years ago. This ________(fill in the blank) posted that he always intentionally drives 30 mph in the farthest left lane of 466 in the 45 mph zone because HE thinks that is fast enough. Think about that: HE decided the speed limit for everyone else, despite the decision of the county legislature in conjugation with civil traffic engineers and force of law. HE decided. Absolutely beyond arrogance and entitlement, I'm not sure there is a word for it. I hope this ______(again, fill in the blank) is still on TOTV and sees this.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfmi View Post
. This a very negative selling point, they made no previsions for this important problem, when a senior or 75 years old or 90 years old purchase a home there, they forget senior retirees that don's drive needs to go shopping, doctor appointments, amenity center that cost a lot of money to take a cab. So, special if you are a nondriver looking there do you due diligence before you move there.
“ before you move THERE”
So, you still have not bought a home in The Villages? Just come on here and do your bashing, right..?
Old 06-29-2022, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,942 Times in 2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Have you looked at what's behind the wheel in Florida lately??????? Although, I'll admit since many of them can't see over the steering wheel, you won't be able to see them either.

Yes, still 90 year olds are less than 1%. A 25 year old or less thinks anybody over 50 shouldn’t be on the road.
Closed Thread

Tags
sheriffs, path, golf, office, respect

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.