Retention Irrigation Ponds

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
When I look at properties in TV next month, I'm going to pass on the ponds.
Thanks.
Well, you'll save money.

We're on a pond attached to the Prairie, and I love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything except TWO water views.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
I dont want to speak for the original poster but hold water and have water intentionally removed are two entirely different things, IMO.
I don't see the difference at all----either you look out and there is water, or there isn't---how is the cause important? We own a home on a golf course with 3 ponds in view, the closest is 60-70 yards away. Have been there in February, April, June, September and October. No smell, no mosquitos, haven't seen a poisonous snake, in fact haven't seen any snakes. Only an occasional gator in the distance. Some of the golfers are more dangerous than the wildlife Sometimes the ponds are almost all water, sometimes there is a lot of vegetation. There are always birds of all types, the sandhill cranes will walk right up to our lanai.
The sales agent disclosed that these ponds "may or may not hold water"---I took it to mean just that, regardless of cause---and there is a beauty to these pond areas either way.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am in a bad mood today.
Don't be. It's a beautiful day in the Villages! Unless you want to trade for our 45 degree heavy rain today. well, only 8 more days
Old 10-29-2015, 10:14 AM
Veteran member

Talked to a friend in Pensacola that lives near, or almost on top of, a small retention pond. He does get a lot of mosquitos. Screened in his entire yard which was quite expensive. He said if he had the opportunity to build his house again, he would find another lot.

Im sure there are many non-RP lots and homes to see in TV. Skipping the RP homes or lots should not be a great loss.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I am in a bad mood today.

Maybe a nice walk would help. Sun and fresh air are the perfect medicine. Hope tomorrow is a better day
Old 10-30-2015, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Talked to a friend in Pensacola that lives near, or almost on top of, a small retention pond. He does get a lot of mosquitos. Screened in his entire yard which was quite expensive. He said if he had the opportunity to build his house again, he would find another lot.

Im sure there are many non-RP lots and homes to see in TV. Skipping the RP homes or lots should not be a great loss.
Mosquitos are scarce in TV's.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Not going to look at RP lots in TV because of the mosquitoes in Pensacola????
You're going to fit right in.
No offense, but this gentleman is facing an enormously important decision affecting the rest of his life as well as an enormous financial impact. I'm not much for PC, but I think a simple "there really aren't any mosquitoes in TV" would have sufficed. (Once he is settled in and no longer a newbie, it's fair game)
Old 10-31-2015, 09:54 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

We live on a retention pond. We were told the pond "may or may not hold water." We've never seen a snake... we don't have any more mosquito's than people who don't live on a pond. It's all about what you want. We'd didn't want to be 6 ft. from our neighbor's lanai (we wanted privacy). We didn't want to back up to a street and golf course views were more expensive. We LOVE our view. Would do it agin.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, informed, irrigation, levels, extracted, change, causes---deception, natural, due, meant, hold, homesites, view, purchased, ponds, retention, process, sales

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.