Wow, what's with the attitude at the Orange Blosson bars????

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Founder
Default Wow, what's with the attitude at the Orange Blosson bars????

Our golf group played Orange Blossom today. Afterwards, we gathered at the pool bar to have a drink and hand out the money. The pool bartender was so unresponsive that we decided to go inside. MISTAKE!!!! The girl inside was so snarly that four or five of our group (independently of each other) commented on her attitude. Seeing others with snacks, one guy asked her if we might have some. She barked back, "We're out......here take these from this table, the people didn't finish them." She then plopped a dish with a few snacks and a hand full of crumbs on our table. HUH? That is very unusual here in the Villages. Somebody better talk to these two girls before they ruin the atmosphere at a wonderful location. There were no tips from any of us today. >
Old 05-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Wow, what's with the attitude at the Orange Blosson bars????

I too have noticed the surly attitudes of some the wait-staff at some establishments in The Villages. Oasis at Lopez for example...yesterday. Our waitress was just a tad visibly annoyed at our arrival about 7:45 PM for the two for one wings special (not bad by the way). Over the course of an hour she seemed to soften-up....but still not at the 100 percent "we want to make you happy" attitude you'd expect around here. I don't get it. Is business so good that they don't care? Or ...maybe they're giving us a little pay-back for the attitude they're getting. I don't know.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Founder

Still the same
Old 07-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Veteran member

Had a really bad experience at Cane Garden last year. Kept me from going back. They made our group of 10 wait for an hour and then wouldn't seat us together. This led to words between myself and the "hostess" and the "duty manager" and our group of 10 deciding that our money wasn't green enough for that place.

Remember, several of the "country clubs" restaurants are now owned by others than the developer. Don't know what they pay their staff but as an old HR person, you get what you pay for!

On the other hand, some places are great.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.