Revisit The Turnpike Entrance at 468?

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2018, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
This is one reason I wouldn't want to buy in that new area right now. Too many unknowns. I have still not seen anything about adding an 18 hole golf course down there. Right now they just have two 9 hole executive courses. Hardly enough for all those homes they have planned.
I posted this in the Golf section of TOTV in November. The attached plan was submitted for the construction of houses in Fenney. It also shows the location of a championship golf course, Tall Pines. The plan identifies two nines - Loblolly at the north end near CR 468, and Longleaf at the south end.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TallPines.pdf (638.2 KB, 97 views)
Old 01-15-2018, 11:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
This is one reason I wouldn't want to buy in that new area right now. Too many unknowns. I have still not seen anything about adding an 18 hole golf course down there. Right now they just have two 9 hole executive courses. Hardly enough for all those homes they have planned.
Well I guess you're not in the inner circle of the developer's management team where you get to know all the secrets of what's to come. Guess what, none of us are, we only get to know what little they have to release to keep things moving.

Why would they change from a plan that has worked for nearly 30 years? They wouldn't and haven't. Last year they provide the city of Wildwood with the below concept plan, is it 100% accurate a year later, not hardly, but it does show the a consistent thinking and planning of the development.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture 088 Jan. 15, 2018 11.09.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	73588  
Old 01-15-2018, 12:07 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
They have already started digging operations for 27 more holes on both sides of 468 west of 501. We had not been in The Village of DeSoto for only 6 days and went in yesterday, 7 homes have been framed and/or blocked already, that is amazing. The neighborhood rec center is well under way and a lot of other amenities appear to be popping up over there, not sure what they are, one looks like archery another looks like air rifle ranges, all kinds of great stuff happening down here and it seems to change by the day. Very interesting watching this area develop. Our end of Fenney is about complete now so much less noise and dirt blowing around which makes it more enjoyable. All we need is some warm air to take advantage of the lanai.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:03 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

I still think reviving the 468 Turnpike on/off ramps would be a boon for TV. Direct access right up Morse to the heart of TV. Using 470 means going up to 44 and a long drive "off campus" before you get to the heart of campus. Exiting at 468 puts you right in the action. We'll see where this goes but in looking at all the plans, I don't see any reason why this could not happen.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:20 AM
Location: Caroline, Norwalk OH, Federal Way, WA. Stamford, CT. Tuscarora, PA

When I look at the future growth plans, having an on/off ramp at 468 is not just a matter of providing a convenient interchange for Villagers . . . or the opportunity for an amazing commercial setting. Eventually, this region will attain a population of 250,000 and two turnpike interchanges isn't going to efficiently service that number of people. With all the studies the Developer pays for and the State requires - I don't know how they missed that.

If you ever lived in an area with a higher density of population, it's not uncommon for highway interchanges to exist a mile or so apart. Our desire to have an interchange close to our homes is not as big a deal as the congestion we'll see in the future at the two interchanges we have.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:35 AM
Gold member

468 turns into morse and runs in front of Fenny, 510 connects fenny to southern oaks, and 470 connects to 510 and has the turnpike entance and exit.

why would they build another.......
Old 01-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Gold member

Old 01-20-2018, 09:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
I think something like this will be done by TV near the existing CR470 exit.

TV is building its way in that direction now. And remember this -- TV quietly bought about 7 square miles of land south of CR470. The 470/turnpike interchange will eventually be in the middle of all this forthcoming development.

My predictions are based on the thought we all had when Brownwood was built: "Why would TV build a town square on the edge of TV?" Well ......
exactly what I was thinking...
Old 01-20-2018, 09:50 AM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

[QUOTE=Carpe Diem;1507213]When I look at the future growth plans, having an on/off ramp at 468 is not just a matter of providing a convenient interchange for Villagers . . . or the opportunity for an amazing commercial setting. Eventually, this region will attain a population of 250,000 and two turnpike interchanges isn't going to efficiently service that number of people. With all the studies the Developer pays for and the State requires - I don't know how they missed that.

Yep, I get it... an exchange in "the middle of is all" seems reasonable (and I agreed with that observation early on here), but I don't think "they missed that"... I think that decided against it.

I think the bang for the buck is building houses-recreation centers-pools-golf courses etc etc where Buena Vista and Morse (468) will meet in Southern Oaks IS the BEST solution (where the exchange would have been). Agreed, having the RR Turnpike exchange WOULD BE nice, but in the grand scheme of things, the lives of the average TV resident do not revolve around easy access to the Turnpike; what's more important is easy access to the things that matter to us as members of the TV community. For one, putting an exchange at Buena Vista/Morse (468) would create issues for golf-cart accessibility and compound other "traffic flow" issues... At end, we're getting along quite nicely without a turnpike exchange in the "center of things" now, why would we need that for Southern Oaks?

Cause we're "voting" here, I'd say the build is on target now, keep the exchange out of the "center"... And let's keep having fun, cause it's more fun to have fun!
Old 01-20-2018, 11:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I think "Field of Dreams" got that famous saying from the Morse family..."If you build it, they will come".

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 01-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

There was a recent map (another thread) that showed the villages going to Leesburg, but the really interesting point was the preliminary route of the Buena Vista Blvd extension that goes all the way to 470, and is right next to the turnpike interchange.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:35 PM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
There was a recent map (another thread) that showed the villages going to Leesburg, but the really interesting point was the preliminary route of the Buena Vista Blvd extension that goes all the way to 470, and is right next to the turnpike interchange.
Sharp eye VT... Want to a quick shoot to Orlando? Follow Buena Vista directly to the turnpike! Boom! Next thing you know, Disneyworld exit!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:05 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Now, if that happens, then we have an access road that does not involve going up 470 to 27 north or south to 501. As long as they don't put in a ton of signal lights, that would work. Any idea of time frame?
Old 02-19-2018, 10:12 AM
Gold member

Interesting note in the Article in Today's Daily Sun about post Irma FDOT plans to widen the Turnpike to 6 lanes. States that the 468 turnpike interchange will be funded for 2019. Widening then planned for 2023 from Lake/Sumter county line to 468 interchange and from there to I 75 in 2025. Page C4. Looks like the State is now picking up the costs.

Now, how does that fit in with the southern expansion?
Old 02-19-2018, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
I still think reviving the 468 Turnpike on/off ramps would be a boon for TV. Direct access right up Morse to the heart of TV. Using 470 means going up to 44 and a long drive "off campus" before you get to the heart of campus. Exiting at 468 puts you right in the action. We'll see where this goes but in looking at all the plans, I don't see any reason why this could not happen.
The heart of the campus is moving south.....those above 466A will be part of the old section...... The amenities south of 44 will far exceed what is up here and be more attractive as that area fills out.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
revisit, turnpike, odds, sumter, entrance/exit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.