RioGrand Dog Park ??

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2018, 04:00 PM
Bosoxfan
Default RioGrand Dog Park ??

In the last 4 months or so we've been taking our dog "Mookie" to an unofficial dog park behind the Rio Grande postal station.What a beautiful track of land. Anyone Know how many acres it is? Who owns it? Why hasn't the villages purchased it? I heard there is more then one owner and that they don't have a problem with the dogs and people roaming their property.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
In the last 4 months or so we've been taking our dog "Mookie" to an unofficial dog park behind the Rio Grande postal station.What a beautiful track of land. Anyone Know how many acres it is? Who owns it? Why hasn't the villages purchased it? I heard there is more then one owner and that they don't have a problem with the dogs and people roaming their property.
I used to take Sport there years ago. If you look at the Sumter County Property Appraiser web-site and look up these units of land after putting in a name from one of the homeowner's around that area, you will see a lot of different people own those various parcels of land.

Sumter County Property Appraiser - Joey Hooten - Bushnell, Florida - 352-569-6800

You can use the measuring features of that web-site to get the size of the track of land as well.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Sage

It is approximately 73-74 acres.

According to the Lake County GIS website, the entire empty area is owned by VILLAGES OF LAKE-SUMTER INC.

Technically, it is composed of many small lots, but the developer owns all of them.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:34 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I used to take Sport there years ago. If you look at the Sumter County Property Appraiser web-site and look up these units of land after putting in a name from one of the homeowner's around that area, you will see a lot of different people own those various parcels of land.

Sumter County Property Appraiser - Joey Hooten - Bushnell, Florida - 352-569-6800

You can use the measuring features of that web-site to get the size of the track of land as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
It is approximately 73-74 acres.

According to the Lake County GIS website, the entire empty area is owned by VILLAGES OF LAKE-SUMTER INC.

Technically, it is composed of many small lots, but the developer owns all of them.

Thank you both but these a 2 different answers..

Anyone " in the know" have info they'd like to share
Old 04-15-2018, 05:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thank you both but these are 2 different answers.

Anyone "in the know" have info they'd like to share
Isn't this way it always is on TOTV?

I suggest you call the Lake County property appraiser's office.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:25 PM
Platinum member

These are undeveloped lots within The Villages. The AAC looked at purchasing this property sometime within the last couple of years. Due to the difficulties in contacting owners, the effort was dropped.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
These are undeveloped lots within The Villages. The AAC looked at purchasing this property sometime within the last couple of years. Due to the difficulties in contacting owners, the effort was dropped.
I looked at a Villages' map and this property is in Lake County. It is right on the County Line between Sumter and Lake Counties.

I must have looked at the Lake County Property Appraiser's web-site years ago and saw that AT THAT TIME there were many different owners of these lots.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Some of the property is owned by TV, some by individuals. The problems stated by Mljeea are true. Here are some articles from the online news site from 2016:

You must replace the ***** with villages(dash)news

https://**************.com/developer...ande-pool-aac/

https://**************.com/rio-grand...ional-complex/

https://**************.com/aac-acqui...700000-800000/

https://**************.com/county-tu...ande-property/
Old 04-16-2018, 05:20 AM
Sage

It is Harold Swartz's development prior to TV...that failed.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,932 Times in 2,455 Posts

Quote:
Mostly owned by the morses, they're yes girl tried to push districts 3 and 4 to purchase for lack of amenities in district 3 and 4 which is now where close to 3 and 4. This was going on when district was looking to buy the 40 acres off CR42 with the law suit money. The developers would not alow excess to new construction site east of VA center which the main road from the site runs straight to the property line with one old hog wire fence so that shut that down.

Now that the church property seems to be done deal? alls end well for for district 3 and mainly 4 with the 350 or so new homes being built with the 20 acre site and the church. It's pretty hush hush what's actually going to be at the rec center and acres. Hopefully it will be just like Rohan excerise and outdoor amenities? If so it's will shut all of us up in district 4 whining lack of amenities. All of this is of course MY OPINION from reading news (and between the lines) So, jump in with you're opinions which we'll probably not change mine

I also have another opinion about the 40 acres for sale. That would make nice addition to district 4 with 500 or so new homes after the church deal rec center is done. That way IMO the developers don't have to add amenities or another golf course on the property?
Old 04-16-2018, 10:20 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Mostly owned by the morses, they're yes girl tried to push districts 3 and 4 to purchase for lack of amenities in district 3 and 4 which is now where close to 3 and 4. This was going on when district was looking to buy the 40 acres off CR42 with the law suit money. The developers would not alow excess to new construction site east of VA center which the main road from the site runs straight to the property line with one old hog wire fence so that shut that down.

Now that the church property seems to be done deal? alls end well for for district 3 and mainly 4 with the 350 or so new homes being built with the 20 acre site and the church. It's pretty hush hush what's actually going to be at the rec center and acres. Hopefully it will be just like Rohan excerise and outdoor amenities? If so it's will shut all of us up in district 4 whining lack of amenities. All of this is of course MY OPINION from reading news (and between the lines) So, jump in with you're opinions which we'll probably not change mine

I also have another opinion about the 40 acres for sale. That would make nice addition to district 4 with 500 or so new homes after the church deal rec center is done. That way IMO the developers don't have to add amenities or another golf course on the property?

What? Did you answer my questions? If so please decipher.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
This sounds like trespassing............................
Old 04-16-2018, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,932 Times in 2,455 Posts

Quote:
What? Did you answer my questions? If so please decipher.
It's private property over there. I never go on private property intentionally without permission.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:51 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This sounds like trespassing............................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
It's private property over there. I never go on private property intentionally without permission.
Seriously...?

Why do you guys feel the need to chime in with comments that are only posted to provoke a debate? I posted a couple of questions. Do either of you know the answers.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Seriously...?

Why do you guys feel the need to chime in with comments that are only posted to provoke a debate? I posted a couple of questions. Do either of you know the answers.
Is this the beginning if a lecture?

Tags
dog, park, purchased, heard, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.