Round abouts

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2023, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator_Girl View Post
100% correct
Actually, you can. But ONLY where there is a dashed line and ONLY when it's safe, and you're yielding to traffic in the other lane...

-Tom Petty
Old 07-20-2023, 11:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

A former law enforcement officer should know what "traffic control devices" are. They are stop signs, stop lights, yield signs, yellow painted lines, solid white painted lines and dotted white painted lines, etc. The sign at the entrance to the RB shows what lanes to use. It is a traffic control device, and you are subject to being ticketed if you don't comply. The sign clearly shows that the outside lane can only go straight ahead, not continue around the RB if you miss your turn. In this thread there have been color pictures even, and videos that explain this.
Old 07-20-2023, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
You actually believe that the solid lines are only for the inside lanes and that the outside lanes can do whatever they wish?

Yes you can cross a dashed line. But ONLY when safe. If there is a car there you DO NOT have the right of way to cross that line.

In most r-a-bs the two lanes drop to one (the outside lane disappears) as you pass the 12:00 position, going to the 9:00 exit. The inside lane has the right of way in that situation.

One would think a former LEO would know this simple rule...
Ouch!

See post #225
Old 07-20-2023, 11:59 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

I'm betting 300 will come and go.
Old 07-20-2023, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

If there are two vehicles traveling side to side around the circle and the one of the left wishes to turn off the circle and the one on the right wishes to continue to the next exit, do you really think that you are going to cut over in front of the guy on the right? Most of the time, those that are turning do not even use their turn signals. The guy on the right may or may not be turning. If it is my veh in the left lane, I am going to allow the guy on the right to get ahead of me and then I will make the right turn. Entering the RB there are yield signs when it is obvious that you do not enter while someone is coming. Maybe they should put yield signs at the exits?
Whether one view is right or wrong, you can't go wrong if you drive defensively and alert to what others are doing.
Old 07-20-2023, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

And the hole gets deeper.🤦*♂️
Old 07-20-2023, 01:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1;2237333[B
]If there are two vehicles traveling side to side around the circle and the one of the left wishes to turn off the circle and the one on the right wishes to continue to the next exit, do you really think that you are going to cut over in front of the guy on the right? [/B]Most of the time, those that are turning do not even use their turn signals. The guy on the right may or may not be turning. If it is my veh in the left lane, I am going to allow the guy on the right to get ahead of me and then I will make the right turn. Entering the RB there are yield signs when it is obvious that you do not enter while someone is coming. Maybe they should put yield signs at the exits?
Whether one view is right or wrong, you can't go wrong if you drive defensively and alert to what others are doing.
By the time this happens, the guy on the right has either:
1. Not yielded for you before entering the circle at the exit you just passed
2. Entered with you which is okay but then not paid any attention to how one is supposed to drive in the circle
The driver in the outside lane is in the wrong and has caused any problems that result.

What would I do?
- Chances are I would not see him and would begin to turn in front of him. What happens next would be up to him
- If I did see him I would still begin my turn while watching to see how he reacts. Hopefully, he will correct his mistake and exit the circle and all will be well
- If he chooses to run into me then I would take pictures and call 911 - probably in that order.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
driving, hit, road

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.