Round abouts

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2023, 03:01 PM
Default Round abouts

If you know your turning on a side road then get into the outside lane your don't turn into a lane to turn. I mean common sense tells you to get into the outside lane. If you where on the road an cut in front of someone . Cause if you hit me while driving in the inside lane while trying to turn you'll be sued I promise you..

Last edited by Pettys1; 07-13-2023 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Didn't end the sentence before posting
Old 07-13-2023, 03:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettys1 View Post
If you know your turning on a side road then get into the outside lane your don't turn into a lane to turn. I mean common sense tells you to get into the outside lane. If you where on the road an cut in front of someone . Cause if you hit me while driving in the inside lane while trying to turn you'll be sued I promise you.. If you don't know by the of road
There are arrows on each round about, but doesn’t stop people from doing it wrong. Good news is can’t blame it on the snowbirds. Watch out for those Florida plates.
Old 07-13-2023, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

And away we go…………
Old 07-13-2023, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
If you know your turning on a side road then get into the outside lane your don't turn into a lane to turn. I mean common sense tells you to get into the outside lane. If you where on the road an cut in front of someone . Cause if you hit me while driving in the inside lane while trying to turn you'll be sued I promise you.. If you don't know by the of road
You aren't allowed to change lanes WHILE you are in a roundabout. That's against the rules. If you're going 3/4 of the way around the circle, you are required to enter on the inside lane. And you are required to exit from the same lane. The person coming in from the next entry point ahead of you should be watching for you, because YOU have the right of way. If you cut them off to turn, then it's their fault, because they were supposed to wait until you had passed the exit (or exited) before they entered.
Old 07-13-2023, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
And if I’m in the inside lane and going straight through and you’re in the outside lane going around 270, I promise you I’ll sue AND win
Old 07-13-2023, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

And the argument starts again. Fact is that you may not know where the other car entered the circle and where they wish to turn. You can be right and still end up in the hospital. Is it worth being right? These circles should only be one lane, period.
Old 07-13-2023, 03:49 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Someone needs to research the applicable traffic laws on how to utilize a roundabout.
Old 07-13-2023, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
And the argument starts again. Fact is that you may not know where the other car entered the circle and where they wish to turn. You can be right and still end up in the hospital. Is it worth being right? These circles should only be one lane, period.
Great idea.
Spend millions changing road systems because a few can't be bothered to learn a simple procedure.
Old 07-13-2023, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Someone needs to research the applicable traffic laws on how to utilize a roundabout.
I've been almost hit twice this week. I'm in the outside lane cause I'm turn on side road you don't turn Infront of another vehicle you go back around til you can get in the right lane
Old 07-13-2023, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
There are arrows on each round about, but doesn’t stop people from doing it wrong. Good news is can’t blame it on the snowbirds. Watch out for those Florida plates.
Actually yes I can because those vehicles are from out of state.
Old 07-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
I've been almost hit twice this week. I'm in the outside lane cause I'm turn on side road you don't turn Infront of another vehicle you go back around til you can get in the right lane
Nope. It sounds like you may need to learn the proper way to use a roundabout.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 07-13-2023, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Actually yes I can because those vehicles are from out of state.
Since the snowbirds are gone right now….

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 07-13-2023, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
If you know your turning on a side road then get into the outside lane your don't turn into a lane to turn. I mean common sense tells you to get into the outside lane. If you where on the road an cut in front of someone . Cause if you hit me while driving in the inside lane while trying to turn you'll be sued I promise you..
Everyone is going to turn on a side road sooner or later in a roundabout. Thus using your logic no one is ever in the inside lane. Out of state ? Where are you from ?
Old 07-13-2023, 04:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Have you done any research on the traffic laws for roundabouts?
Old 07-13-2023, 05:01 PM

Quote:
This is not correct. If I enter to RAB at 6 and plan on exiting at 12, I may be in either lane. If I enter in the left lane, I stay there until my exit. At which point I cross the right lane to do it. If you are in the right lane, you must yield to me.
If you saw me on the RAB and entered alongside me, you are wrong. Cars on the RAB have the right of way.
It would be incorrect of me to enter on the left at 6 and exit at 9 however.

rules for roundabouts - Bing video

Last edited by Dotneko; 07-13-2023 at 05:11 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
driving, hit, road

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.