Rt. 466A

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Sage
Default Rt. 466A

Any idea why 466A was closed around 1 p.m. today? Had to go the long way round to get home.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Tickled_pink

I've been here less than 2 weeks, so I don't really know my roads yet, but we passed a car/motorcycle accident somewhere in TV this afternoon. Lots of emergency vehicles present. Perhaps this could be the reason for the detour?
Old 01-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickled_pink View Post
I've been here less than 2 weeks, so I don't really know my roads yet, but we passed a car/motorcycle accident somewhere in TV this afternoon. Lots of emergency vehicles present. Perhaps this could be the reason for the detour?
Tickled, 466A is the east/west highway that separates the newest section, like where Sanabel is, from the rest of the northern areas of The Villages.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Sage

From Radioreference.com for Sumter county:

MAJOR ACCIDENT
01/13/12 15:55 (THE VILLAGES - 800 TRS PS 2) RESCUE 40 ON SCENE MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT MOTORCYCLE VS VEHICLE WITH TRAUMA ALERT REQUEST AIR SUPPORT AEROMED 3 RESPONDING ENGINE COMPANY 40 LANDING ZONE [FLA074]
Old 01-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickled_pink View Post
If you're down by Colony Plaza...the major highway that runs parallel east/west is 466A The newest area being built out is just south of this!

So sorry to hear about such an accident. If it was near Micro Racetrack Rd.---that's an accident waiting to happen with ALL the traffic this time of year. The county majorly needs to fix this. Saw in the paper recently they don't have money allocated. So sad since the area is growing.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
.......If it was near Micro Racetrack Rd.---that's an accident waiting to happen with ALL the traffic this time of year. The county majorly needs to fix this. Saw in the paper recently they don't have money allocated. .......
Yep! I believe the issue is that 466A east of Colony is in Lake County and they're strapped for funds.

I'm sure people would think there would be money galore for things like this given all the new construction, generated property taxes, etc. But all the development at the moment is in Sumter County.

Hopefully they'll be able to work something out.

Bill
Old 01-13-2012, 08:03 PM

We were stopped there for awhile. Looked like a trailer lost it's wheels. Don't know if any other vehicles were involved.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Tickled, 466A is the east/west highway that separates the newest section, like where Sanabel is, from the rest of the northern areas of The Villages.
Not Golfer quoted: If you're down by Colony Plaza...the major highway that runs parallel east/west is 466A The newest area being built out is just south of this!

Thanks "Skyguy79" and "Not Golfer". 466...466A...441...it can be a little confusing at times to us first timers.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post

MAJOR ACCIDENT
01/13/12 15:55 (THE VILLAGES - 800 TRS PS 2) RESCUE 40 ON SCENE MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT MOTORCYCLE VS VEHICLE WITH TRAUMA ALERT REQUEST AIR SUPPORT AEROMED 3 RESPONDING ENGINE COMPANY 40 LANDING ZONE [FLA074]
Man I always hate to hear when a biker gets hit. Hope they will be ok.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Sage

If you are a home-owner you should have an invitation for a "Newcomers" get together to explain The Villages to you. This scratches the surface but it's helpful. What I remember is that these roads...441, 466, 466A are the main roads to keep in mind as the main ones (here before TV was made, I think). They all run east to west. Buena Vista and Morse run north and south and are main arteries through TV. Hope this helps! But by all means go to all the informational meetings you can until you get your bearings here. I know this is off topic so my apologies!
Old 01-14-2012, 02:54 AM
Sage

Correction: 441 runs north to south and is a US Highway. The others are county roads.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post

MAJOR ACCIDENT

Article in today's paper... This happened at Laurel Manor Dr and Buena Vista, so, not the cause for the 466a delay. Motorcycle collided with SUV. cyclist airlifted to Orlando in serious condition.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Dancing Thyme

Thanks "Skyguy79" and "Not Golfer". 466...466A...441...it can be a little confusing at times to us first timers.[/QUOTE]

Tickled, We have all been there, believe me.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-14-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
If you are a home-owner you should have an invitation for a "Newcomers" get together to explain The Villages to you. This scratches the surface but it's helpful. What I remember is that these roads...441, 466, 466A are the main roads to keep in mind as the main ones (here before TV was made, I think). They all run east to west. Buena Vista and Morse run north and south and are main arteries through TV. Hope this helps! But by all means go to all the informational meetings you can until you get your bearings here. I know this is off topic so my apologies!
We are not home owners, just renting for a month, so we're just winging it, so to speak. I must add though, people here are so willing to stop and help if you look lost or confused. Thanks to all of you who have stopped and gotten us back on the right track since we've gotten here.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Thanks "Skyguy79" and "Not Golfer". 466...466A...441...it can be a little confusing at times to us first timers.
Tickled, We have all been there, believe me.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for being so understanding Kathie. TV is nothing like back home. People here are so willing to help you when you get lost. Back home, they would just sit and honk their horns until you moved!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.