few golf questions

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2008, 02:34 AM
Veteran member
Default few golf questions

First question. We are coming down for 12 days at the end of October, mostly to work but also to play a little. How difficult is it to get last minute tee times mid-afternoon? We've never had trouble in March so it should be even easier, right?

Second question. Our son is being deployed to Iraq in February most likely so we wanted to do something special before he left. If he and his wife wanted to use our place for a couple of days around Christmas when we aren't there, could I do an ID card transfer to them even though he is 32?

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 08-21-2008, 02:46 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: few golf questions

I sent you a pm Linda.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:48 AM
Gold member

First answer. You are correct tee times will be easier October than they would be in March. And cheaper. Fall rates run from 10/15 to 12/31

Second answer. I would think that you could do it with a guest pass. I have often wondered if you can get a guest pass for someone when you are not here. I am sure if you get ahold of the operation shoe box people who work out of Lake Miona Rec Center they will get things handled for your son. In fact I am sure they would like his information to send him one of the shoe boxes that they send out.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Sage

tee times for you in Oct should be no problem.

You should be able to get a guest pass for them...the problem though is that you would not be here to pick up the passes? Maybe get a neighbor or friend to request and pickup guest passes.

Guest pass is free to obtain but does slightly limit their choices...no Katie Belles or sports pools; have to pay higher rates for golf, movies, etc.

Or, you could turn in your IDs and for $50 for both of them transfer your resident privileges to them. However, if they are only going to be here a couple of days, they probably wouldn't use $50 in savings so it might not make sense to do the swap.

Sounds like the Guest ID would make more sense.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:59 AM
Platinum member

I volunteer to meet them at KB's and get them in as my guests!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Veteran member

Thanks guys. Eddie and Ronda thank you. If this works I will take you up on your offers. I know my son and daughter-in-law will love it.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 08-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Platinum member

Another linda, Click on the following link then select the phone number of the appropriate res center. Call them and I am sure you will find them very helpfull.

http://www.districtgov.org/vccdd/idservice.asp

DC
Old 08-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

And there's always me. Shout out if your son needs anything -- from guest passes to entrance to KB's to whatever.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.