Rumors of Trader Joe"s, Costco...

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2016, 06:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Bonanza?
Since I didn't see that word in the article I linked to, I'll assume that spell-checker got ya and you really meant 'bananas.'

Yes, Costco also sells bananas.

While they are not quite as cheap as Sam's Club bananas (I haven't found anyplace that is), Costco's bananas don't go from dark green to bright yellow...just in the trip home in the car it seems like (slight exaggeration of course ).

I buy bananas at Sam's every time I'm there due to the cost being unbelievably low, but have learned to eat them pretty quickly...because I've personally never seen bananas from other retailers turn brown so fast (the non-organic ones).

Super GMO maybe?
Old 08-28-2016, 06:37 AM
Eternal Member

I did hear yesterday from a very reliable source a few stores over by Lowes will be Aldis, Circle K Gas Station & ABC Liquor Store.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,601 Times in 575 Posts

There must be a new mattress store going by Lowe's.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryb View Post
For what it's worth, I asked an associate at BJ's in Clermont about them coming to The Villages, and she told me that someone from corporate that was there told her they were doing traffic studies on Rt 44. Did not ask for her name or ID, just asked about TV. For me, it's: #1 Costco, #2 BJ's, #3 Sam's, with the latter 2 close. Bj's gets #2 because they have a good deli with excellent prices.
I agree completely. IMO, Costco is a clear number one for a host of reasons many of which have been mentioned already.

Tags
costco, greatest, largest, thursday, orlando

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.