Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2014, 05:26 AM
Sage

They do....it's full
Old 02-09-2014, 06:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I find it uncanny in a place as large as The Villages, that an RV/motor home area has never been provided for a resident to pay a nominal rental amount for space in a parking area that has been dedicated for that purpose. Such an area should also be available for guests of residents.
As Skyguy mentioned in Post #5, visitor parking for cars is possible at Rec Centers if a permit is obtained, 5 day limit.

There are storage facilities for rent for RVs, boats, etc., in several lots adjacent to The Villages. They are privately owned. For years, we stored a motorcycle trailer in a lot on CR 466. With 100,000 residents and a lot of storage requirements, I don't see it being desirable for TV to subsidize and staff over-flow parking facilities.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I find it uncanny in a place as large as The Villages, that an RV/motor home area has never been provided for a resident to pay a nominal rental amount for space in a parking area that has been dedicated for that purpose. Such an area should also be available for guests of residents.

I don't know . . . it makes sense to me and would be self-sustaining. I'm sure many residents own some type of of RV or motor home.
Too bad the developer cannot accomodate the various needs of all residents and all their visitors.
Some that I have heard about; gate passes like ezpass, no roundabouts, build more restaurants, build more stores, parking for rv's, parking for boats,build a large entertainment center, close the polo field, build more dog parks, and it goes on and on.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default 466A runs into Lake Griffin State Park

They may be booked but Lake Griffin State Park has a campsite that takes up to 40 footers. Its in fruitland park just south of 466A I saw the sign when I got lost. Maybe the construction on 441 will have kept their resevations down. They also have canoes for rent so you can paddle the lake FYI.
Welcome to Florida State Parks
Old 02-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I once had a home for sale that was getting all kind of traffic but no buyers. I soon found out from a prospective buyers 's agent that my neighbor had parked his RV in the driveway which was causing great concern. he said its the RV. I called my neighbor h moved the RV the buyer came in immediately paying my price and asking I leave in 30 days. I renegotiated to leave within 60 days.

I my view then I am not in favor of RV's cars boats being left in a driveway or on the street.

I mean if you let these things go before you know it some guy going to have his car up on blocks in his driveway. don't get me started
Old 02-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
They do....it's full
I did not realize that there was one. Where is it? If it's full, that tells me that they need to expand or have another one at another location. So many people today, particularly retirees, have some sort of RV.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Too bad the developer cannot accomodate the various needs of all residents and all their visitors.
Some that I have heard about; gate passes like ezpass, no roundabouts, build more restaurants, build more stores, parking for rv's, parking for boats,build a large entertainment center, close the polo field, build more dog parks, and it goes on and on.
I agree with your "Too bads" -- all of them. It truly is a disease when greed and the almight buck takes over doing right by the residents who have "contributed to the coffer" that have put you in the comfortable situation that you now enjoy.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.