RV parking in TV

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Platinum member
Default RV parking in TV

I have a friends who live in The Villages who is having a guest come from out of town. The guests will be arriving in an RV. Can they park this in my friends driveway for a few days (5-6) or must arrangements be made to store it elsewhere. If elsewhere--- where?
Old 10-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
I have a friends who live in The Villages who is having a guest come from out of town. The guests will be arriving in an RV. Can they park this in my friends driveway for a few days (5-6) or must arrangements be made to store it elsewhere. If elsewhere--- where?
Seems to me Tom that there is a guy right across the street from you (last house on right on Claverton) who has his/her RV there many, many nights. I've seen it there probably no less than 40 days/nights this year. If it is illegal I'm surprised no one has dropped a dime!

I see a very large RV place next to Speckled Butterbean that appears to be a repair/sales and storage facility. I think some RV's even set up camp there from what I've observed.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 10-25-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Take a look at the deed restrictions, says " no recreational vehicle shall remain on a home site".
Old 10-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Seems to me Tom that there is a guy right across the street from you (last house on right on Gasperella) who has his/her RV there many, many nights. I've seen it there probably no less than 40 days/nights this year. If it is illegal I'm surprised no one has dropped a dime!

I see a very large RV place next to Speckled Butterbean that appears to be a repair/sales and storage facility. I think some RV's even set up camp there from what I've observed.
That place is Alliance Coach. In addition to sales and repairs, they have a nice, but rather small RV park. We stayed there when they were repairing our motorhome. Very reasonable prices, also.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Sage

There are all kinds of RV storage facilities in the area that are available for $25 or so bucks a month (depends on unit size).

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Sage

Take ride to the s side of Lake Deaton, there's a big place there, near or east of Brownwood.

As far as how long I thought I read 72 hours some place.

Or until a knock on the door
Old 10-25-2012, 08:39 PM

There is a nice RV Park just east of TV in Lady Lake. It's called The Blue Parrot, just north of Griffin Road on SR 25. Also there are 2 reasonable storage yard on 301, one is in Oxford on the east side and there is another north of 42 on the west side.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Per Deed Restrictions "No trucks in excess of 3/4 ton size, boats, or recreational vehicles shall be parked, stored or otherwise remain on any homesite or street........"
Old 10-27-2012, 07:51 AM

There has been some discussion in previous posts about TV deed restrictions that limit what you can park on a public street, that TV does not have the authority to dictate what can be in a street. I think the consensus was that if a emergency vehicle can pass you won't get a ticket. However it will not endure you to your neighbors!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

Go ahead and let your friends park in your driveway or street as long as emergency vehicles can get by. By the time anyone can do anything about (Which I don't think they can) your friends will be gone.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Sage

The time period is for 72 hours that your friends can park their RV in a driveway. It just looks sloppy to have campers, RVs, or other things like that parked in driveways. Be considerate of neighbors instead of trying to eke out how many days it is permissible.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
Go ahead and let your friends park in your driveway or street as long as emergency vehicles can get by. By the time anyone can do anything about (Which I don't think they can) your friends will be gone.
No rules are good rules???
Old 10-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
No rules are good rules???
Better to ask forgiveness than permission???
Old 10-27-2012, 12:32 PM

We had some friends stay at Lake Deaton RV Park - near Brownwood- while they were on their way through. Nice, quiet place. 10 minutes from us.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
Yes and sadly, your friends may be gone in your neighborhood too for not paying attention to deed restrictions.

Don't come cryin' to me. .
Gracie, who told you not to.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.