Sad news of neighbor's passing in accident

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Gold member
Default Sad news of neighbor's passing in accident

Sad
Our new neighborhood of Buttonwood, is sadened to learn this evening of the passing of one of our own. There was a cart/car accident this afternoon,on St. Charles near Buttonwood Run, and sadly the cart occupant later died. I have not listed the name out of respect. Let's all be careful out there. s
Old 06-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Sage

WOW. This type of report makes one stop and pause... out of respect, as well as to remember to be very cautious when driving a cart.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:18 PM

I heard that earlier also...my thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Veteran member

Is this yet another accident?? I knew of the car/cart one that happened on the round-about maybe 2 weeks ago or so. THIS has got to stop!!!! People, do be careful!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrandell View Post
Sad
Our new neighborhood of Buttonwood, is sadened to learn this evening of the passing of one of our own. There was a cart/car accident this afternoon,on St. Charles near Buttonwood Run, and sadly the cart occupant later died. I have not listed the name out of respect. Let's all be careful out there. s
Oh my...this is so sad. I will remember this family in my prayers tonight.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,512 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Me too Betty Boop.

My sympathy goes to the family and to the friends of this unfortunate person who had just begun to enjoy retirement.

I agree Jen,

Please drive carefully everyone.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Sad
My thoughts and prayers will be with this family. I read about this in the newspaper. Such sad news but thank you for sharing about one of our neighbors.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Sad News

Article in todays Sun. Sounds like the landscaper was in a big hurry, especialy since there's a stop sign on the corner. Sorry to hear this happened. Must have been a nasty scene by reading the article.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Sad
My deepest condolences to family andfriends. My thougts and prayersto all.

It really saddens me that after working so hard all one's life and is beginning to start enjoying the rest of their life and then something like this happens.

It is a sobering reminder to be exremely careful.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

Thoughts and prayers to the family.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Never, ever go through an intersection with a vehicle next to you. Adjust your speed so that the car passes you even if the car does not appear to be wanting to turn at the intersection. If the car slows or even stops to let you go through the intersection first, don't do it; stop and wave them on.

I've seen cars driving down the road and all of a sudden quickly make a sudden turn as they apparently didn't realize that it was the street they were looking for and they get careless in their confusion.

My prayers and thoughts go out to the family of this person, and in his honor we need to be cautious and alert when driving on the road with automobiles.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:25 AM

I had not seen the article in the paper yet, but this morning as I was walking my dog I thought to myself, that the trucks that were passing were going very slow today. Normally down St. Charles & Buttonwood Run the trucks fly down the roads.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Default stop signs

we live on buttonwood at the "only"'stop sign and have seen many many times
that people don't stop,but many barely slow down.
Contractors are the worst saw only yesterday several of same going at least
35 to 40 mph loaded with trailers and workers.

All so intersection is used as a turn around ,Sad situation sad. Accident waiting to happen.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Gold member

That is second golf cart accident I have seen on St. Charles in last two days. One on Wednesday and now Thursday. A lot of the contractors just pull out with out looking and this has happened to us while we were in our truck and not the golf cart. The details are in today's paper.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 AM

So very sad. Please, everyone drive defensively and remember to look both ways for cars and carts coming in either direction, do not assume anything!! even if you see someone with their directional on does NOT mean they are going to turn, it could be that the driver in either a vehicle or golf cart have forgotten to adjust their blicker (directional), I personally have done this myself, and have experienced it from others as well. Also, don't hog the road or golf cart trail, move over as much as possible to allow room for error, you never know who is taking their eye off the road for a minute to adjust something within their own vehcile, etc. and as everyone knows it only takes a split second to lose control. Always be aware!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.