Samsung refrigerator ice maker problems

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2022, 01:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Interesting as that part number includes the computer board. LINK: DA82-02695A - Samsung Ice Maker Service Kit | Parts Dr

Everything else looks great (just make sure he installs it all and seals it). I guess it is possible your model year has the updated board. Mine was manufactured in May 2017 and the boards were definitely different. Manu date is on the sticker inside the fridge. Don't let him leave without sealing it or he's just wasting your time. The warm air from the fridge (especially when you open it in the summer) gets into the ice maker through the openings (see the video I posted) slightly melting the ice then it refreezes into a solid block. The circuit board was changed to update the defrost cycle.

Not sure how he can (properly) seal it without you leaving it off for a number of hours and fully defrosting and drying it. I guess worse case you could seal it yourself when he leaves.
You are right, Ed, on closer inspection hidden under some cardboard in the bottom of the box is the circuit board. My manuf. date is Oct. 2014. I joined the Samsung refrigerator recall FB page. Have learned that under the Magnussen Moss Act, you need 3 unsuccessful repairs to qualify for a total refund on the frig. from Samsung. You must first file a BBB New Jersey complaint against Samsung's home office in N.J. Then you get a call from them to set up a tech visit. Asurion is using UBreakIfix "Samsung-trained" techs to do the installs once the parts are mailed to you. You are NOT to direct the tech to do anything. If they screw up the install, so be it. Get it? 3 unsuccessful repairs. Asurion gave me the address for the UbreakitIfix in Ocala as 1725 SW 12th Ave., Ocala. It looks to be a vacant warehouse and no such co. resides there. So at the moment, I'm D.I.W. Called the local Villages store as well as the one on College Ave., Ocala, and neither said they work on refrigerators. Anyone looking for real good info on this matter should join the aforementioned FB page.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
You are right, Ed, on closer inspection hidden under some cardboard in the bottom of the box is the circuit board. My manuf. date is Oct. 2014. I joined the Samsung refrigerator recall FB page. Have learned that under the Magnussen Moss Act, you need 3 unsuccessful repairs to qualify for a total refund on the frig. from Samsung. You must first file a BBB New Jersey complaint against Samsung's home office in N.J. Then you get a call from them to set up a tech visit. Asurion is using UBreakIfix "Samsung-trained" techs to do the installs once the parts are mailed to you. You are NOT to direct the tech to do anything. If they screw up the install, so be it. Get it? 3 unsuccessful repairs. Asurion gave me the address for the UbreakitIfix in Ocala as 1725 SW 12th Ave., Ocala. It looks to be a vacant warehouse and no such co. resides there. So at the moment, I'm D.I.W. Called the local Villages store as well as the one on College Ave., Ocala, and neither said they work on refrigerators. Anyone looking for real good info on this matter should join the aforementioned FB page.
GREAT! Well, they sent you all the right parts just DIY. Took me about an hr after doing the sealant the day before (I just let it dry for about 2 hrs) following the 2 videos from PartsDR (the kit vid and the sealant vid) and I've been living happily ever after since after 2+ years of ice block hell. When I went through all that 2+ years ago I got nowhere. Not even a first callback. Just wasn't worth it since I like fixing stuff myself and since there is an actual fix (if done right) I can't understand why this is such a major issue for Samsung. The problem is (or was) their repair people never did it right or complete. You got the parts for free so if no one shows up just fix it. You're $210 ahead of me. Good luck!
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 01-27-2022, 04:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
GREAT! Well, they sent you all the right parts just DIY. Took me about an hr after doing the sealant the day before (I just let it dry for about 2 hrs) following the 2 videos from PartsDR (the kit vid and the sealant vid) and I've been living happily ever after since after 2+ years of ice block hell. When I went through all that 2+ years ago I got nowhere. Not even a first callback. Just wasn't worth it since I like fixing stuff myself and since there is an actual fix (if done right) I can't understand why this is such a major issue for Samsung. The problem is (or was) their repair people never did it right or complete. You got the parts for free so if no one shows up just fix it. You're $210 ahead of me. Good luck!
Too late, tech showed up said my auger motor plastic was melted/deformed. Samsung disallowed the repair. He took the parts and left. It's not over. I'm going for a full refund on the frig.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:44 PM

My Kenmore (Whirlpool) is now over 20 years old. I had a few problems through the years though. The compressor stopped at about five years. It was just the start relay so I replaced that. Then it got to over 120 degrees at the frame between the doors. The fancy electronic fan failed, replaced it with the old style metal fan that way $18 instead of over $100 for the Panasonic. Then the ice maker failed, the circuit board had a metal trace that burned off, installed a jumper and it has worked since. Then the handles broke due to age, reinforced with aluminum flashing and epoxy at the mounting screws. Then the in the door ice stopped working, the plastic catch for the ice bin in the door worn so now I just reach in to get the ice. It is still working but the plastic trim is now more yellow than bisque color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJo View Post
All appliances are the same, lucky to get 7 years out of them. LG French Door fridge lasted 4 years. Did research, Miele is the only one I found that claims to give consumers 20 years use. Convenience out weighs price for me.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
Too late, tech showed up said my auger motor plastic was melted/deformed. Samsung disallowed the repair. He took the parts and left. It's not over. I'm going for a full refund on the frig.
If true sounds like you defrosted once too many times with a too hot hairdryer. Been there, done that. The "repair guy" probably just wanted to get paid for his visit and never intended to do anything. Good luck fighting with them. Other then that I don't believe half that stuff I had read on that FB group. Don't dare post that you figured out how to fix it because they will delete the post every time.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Closed Thread

Tags
samsung, call, refrigerator, model, numbers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.