Iris Model

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Default Iris Model

Been looking at the Iris model and I'm not sure if I like the closed or open kitchen or if we want the formal dining area or may by try to make it all livingroom area. My husband likes the closed kitchen and I don't know. If there is any other Iris people out there, would love your ideas. You guys have seen them and family and friends haven't.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesotalyn View Post
Been looking at the Iris model and I'm not sure if I like the closed or open kitchen or if we want the formal dining area or may by try to make it all livingroom area. My husband likes the closed kitchen and I don't know. If there is any other Iris people out there, would love your ideas. You guys have seen them and family and friends haven't.
We recently closed and moved into our new Iris and went through the same back and forth about the open/closed kitchen; we ended up with the closed kitchen and use the dining room as a dining room.

Last night my wife and I were thinking about how we could get more storage space and realized that if we had chosen the open kitchen with built-in wine rack it would have changed the laundry room slightly by adding a closet and moving the washer/dryer under the window (I think). So after the fact we slightly regret not going with the open kitchen. None the less, we are happy that we chose the Iris (with the Boston Hip Roof because of floored attic storage space above garage ).

Hope this helps.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Platinum member

I also recently purchased an Iris. I like the openess. I think it is a better option. bUt different strokes for different folks. It's your call. Good luck with your decision.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I love the Iris (open floor plan is my preference - because everyone always likes to hang out in the kitchen) but the Iris didn't work for us because our lot has a right driveway and our best view is from the middle of the lot and to the left so we chose the Begonia.

For what my 2 cents is worth, consider your lot i.e. view and the light. I don't know if you have seen the new model tours online, but the Iris open kitchen model tour WOW! Now, don't get me wrong, for us and for all sorts of reasons WE LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Begonia. We back up to the non-TV Lake Miona Golf Course, which is just magnificant with its giant oaks draping with spanish moss ahhhh -- so we got the stacking sliders, but are going to take it one step further once we close, and blow out the back walls and replace them with glass so the sliders stack on glass and our entire back wall (LR and DR with open kitchen) will be open to those lovely trees and golf course. Now, this area of our home is north facing so no direct sun - which is why I say consider your lot and light. Sorry if I have gone on and on. I am just SOOOOOOOO EXCITED. We close Oct. 12.

Last edited by jmitchell; 09-03-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the comments, I keep going over the tours and it's kind of hard from 1500 miles away. Our driveway is on the right and our realtor said that was what we needed. I know I was in looking at the pre-builts for sale and I noticed they have Jasmines with garages on different sides and then I noticed the same thing for the Iris and the Lilac's. I don't know how that works. Good question for our realtor. Same with the wine rack and the laundry room. We put money down on a lot at the corner of Allure and Graves in Buttonwood, but we have a year to build and we have to sell first. Hopefully one more winter.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Platinum member

If you want, I can send you pictures of my IRIS (furnished) when I take them next week and send them to you. Give me your email address via private message and I will get them over to you. Like I mentioned earlier, we have the open floor plan. I am also using bedroom # 2 as my office and bedroom #3 as the guest room.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:24 PM

Let me know if you got that Tom
Old 09-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Default Would You Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
If you want, I can send you pictures of my IRIS (furnished) when I take them next week and send them to you. Give me your email address via private message and I will get them over to you. Like I mentioned earlier, we have the open floor plan. I am also using bedroom # 2 as my office and bedroom #3 as the guest room.
Hi - I am thinking of the IRIS as well and confused about open or closed. Would you mind sharing your pictures with me as well at pspano47@yahoo.com. Thanks
Old 09-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Platinum member

Sounds like a plan. I'll save your email address and send pics when I return from Buttonwood on the 15th. The furniture will all be in w/ exception of the lanai furniture, and you guys might be interested how bedroom #3 will be our guest bedroom and #2 as my office. We have no kids and I do a lot of computer stuff. Keep an eye for mail coming from TOJOPA@aol.com.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the comments, I keep going over the tours and it's kind of hard from 1500 miles away. Our driveway is on the right and our realtor said that was what we needed. I know I was in looking at the pre-builts for sale and I noticed they have Jasmines with garages on different sides and then I noticed the same thing for the Iris and the Lilac's. I don't know how that works. Good question for our realtor. Same with the wine rack and the laundry room. We put money down on a lot at the corner of Allure and Graves in Buttonwood, but we have a year to build and we have to sell first. Hopefully one more winter.
Minnoseotalyn,

You can have the Iris with either a right or left driveway it's your lot that has a predetermined driveway. SOMETIMES, they will let you flip the driveway on your lot -- our neighbor, who build and Iris, was able to do this but we were not because there was a drain in the way. If you lot's driveway is on the right then I would think??? your best view would be middle/off to the right. I'm sure you have floorplans from the web that you can play with. Will you be picking your house without being there or will you be going back to make you decision? Good Luck either way!
Old 09-04-2010, 02:18 PM

Hi JMitchell, My husband and I were talking this over and I think we'll sell and close up here and then come down and do everything. You said your lanai is facing north ours is too. I'm wondering how fast it dry's out. I don't want it to get moldy
Old 04-22-2011, 05:19 PM

Hey guys,

We put down a deposit in March and will be coming down in June of 2012 - The Iris is our top pick right now, but i forgot to ask our agent - Is there a place to put a patio? If not, where do you Iris owners put your gas grills and where do you use them? (garage and driveway is a potential answer, but i'm not in love with that...

thanks,

wayne
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.