Saw a car...

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Sage
Default Saw a car...

Actually it was an SUV make a left turn onto the golf-cart trail just before the St. Charles gate last night. Several of us yelled at the driver who then stopped but we were past so didn't see the outcome! It happens...folks get in the habit with a golf-cart and "space out"! I'm sure this had to be the case since it was evening and dark!

Yup...I know when more and more folks come we'll see phenomena like this all the time. Just drive defensively folks and stay safe!!

Old 11-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Actually it was an SUV make a left turn onto the golf-cart trail just before the St. Charles gate last night. Several of us yelled at the driver who then stopped but we were past so didn't see the outcome! It happens...folks get in the habit with a golf-cart and "space out"! I'm sure this had to be the case since it was evening and dark!

Yup...I know when more and more folks come we'll see phenomena like this all the time. Just drive defensively folks and stay safe!!

so sorry to say that this is a common occurrence and has been since the inception of The Villages
Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 PM

Yep, a friend of mine actually drove his Cadillac
onto the golf cart bridge! He is so accustomed to
driving his golf cart that he accidentally just went
there automatically by habit.

Fortunately he was able to carefully and safely
back it out, and no one else was there. I thought
it was funny when he told me, but it could have
been tragic, and not so funny at all, if someone
had gotten hurt.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Sage

The thing with this vehicle was they hadn't even gotten on the path when a golf cart met them and yelled loudly and they seemed to keep going but finally stopped or slowed when another cart came along. It almost seemed like they were oblivious to what they were doing!

Wouldn't you think that "if" you saw golf carts (and you'd JUST been on the street) that you'd put it together??? Duh!!! Yes I know this has been happening since the inception of The Villages...it's just always kind of a shock when you see it happening.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
Yep, a friend of mine actually drove his Cadillac
onto the golf cart bridge!
How embarrassing! He must have been on the golf cart trail (or lane) for a while before he got to the bridge.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 11-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Was driving my cart at Colony, signaled left in front of Publix, got into the center of the road (signal still on) - and when the coast was clear of oncoming traffic I turned left into the parking lot (following the directional arrow). Having gone just a few feet another golf cart rushed around on my left (driver's side). The lady driver completely ignored me, and the man in the passenger seat, seemed annoyed that I was in their way. I stopped driving before we collided, and pointed out that she should have followed behind me, and not cut around on my left. I'd intended to park in an empty left slot a few cars ahead, and we'd have had an accident for sure had I not stopped. They drove away, and I was left shaking in my shoes as shoppers commented "that was a close one"
Old 11-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James
Default So here's one...

Yesterday I was driving south on Buena Vista between St. James and 466A. There was a car parked, with no flashers on, in the right hand lane, so I pulled up next to it and ask if everything is ok. The elderly gentleman rolls down his window, holds up his cell phone and says, I'm fine, I just have to take care of this (meaning his phone). So I say, why don't you move down a little bit to the beginning of the turning lane so you don't get rear ended sitting here. He says ... I couldn't do that, I'd be blocking the turning lane. Just so you know, the right turn lane would hold at least 10 cars. Makes you wonder !!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Sage

I'm always amazed at the folks who "have to get this one call!"!!!! Have friends who do that (no matter what they're doing...driving the car is one of them)!!!! Whatever did we do before the invention of the cell-phone?????

Inattentiveness generally is the cause of accidents AND/OR doing something stupid!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.