Sawgrass Grove Market - Nothing but the FACTS

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2022, 05:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP2TV View Post
I haven't used cash or coins in years. Using a card and paying it in full each month is much easier, cleaner and profitable with perks.
EXACTLY !!!!! AND the card will give you a detailed itemization of expenses. Cheapest accounts payable system I’ve seen. Unless you get a “cash only” establishments in which case you can always use your memory to recall where you spend your money
Old 09-13-2022, 05:39 AM

Excellent review. Totally agree - just the facts!!
Old 09-13-2022, 05:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We think Piesanos is pretty good, so is Sammy's and Napolinos for pizza.

Not as good as we used to get in NYC but still pretty good
Roberto’s for us. Next to Subway In Winn Dixie shopping center on 466A. Keeping our fingers crossed that they won’t go over to the dark side. Owner is very pleasant young man. If you have not had their pizza try them. This from a Brooklyn NY native
Old 09-13-2022, 05:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,543 Times in 2,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
Roberto’s for us. Next to Subway In Winn Dixie shopping center on 466A. Keeping our fingers crossed that they won’t go over to the dark side. Owner is very pleasant young man. If you have not had their pizza try them. This from a Brooklyn NY native
I'll second that! Good pizza and good people.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-13-2022, 05:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,352 Times in 5,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
Been there once for something other than pizza and food was ok. We have found a number of other Italian places we like and just never gone back.
Old 09-13-2022, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graspher View Post
Our first visit was Sunday 9/11 - arrived 12:05 p.m. About 50 people milling around - 20 surrounding the bar area - 4 tables were occupied.

Chose Frenchy's for a wood-fired pizza - 4 employees working the pizza production.

"I'd like a medium pepperoni and sausage pizza".

"We only make one size and it's 12 inches. You can't order a pepperoni and sausage pizza. You can only order a pizza as described on our menu - but we can add and subtract toppings."

Their menu details 5 or 6 pizza combinations (each selectable pizza has several toppings on it). One of their selections includes sausage plus other toppings and another of their selections features pepperoni plus other toppings.

We chose their "sausage" pizza - deleted the onions - deleted the roasted green peppers...and added pepperoni.

The sausage combo pizza is priced at $15.00. No monetary deduction for eliminating the onions or peppers. There was an upcharge of $3.00 for the pepperoni. Total including a tax of $1.36 was $19.36.

I handed over $20 in cash. The receipt showed Total Due 19.36 / pymt cash 20.00 / Change Due .64. The cash register knows change is due - but Frenchy's policy is - they don't give coin change. They have a sign that says no coin provided but it is not located near the register.

Our pizza order was placed at 12:13pm (per the receipt). Our boxed pizza was presented to us at 12:48pm. Paper plates were not offered - but were provided upon request. The paper plates were....more paper then anything else. Very flimsy and couldn't support the weight of a small slice of pizza with just two toppings on it.

Frenchy's uses a wood-fired oven. The bottom of the crust was not crispy and was absent any degree of visible leoparding.

Darlin's Sweet Shoppe will not accept cash - only cards.

At least one other establishment (possibly 2) have signs posted indicating they will not provide any coin type change.

The majority of seating in the market area consists of flat steel or solid wood seat bottoms.

Them the facts and nothing but the facts...
Disappointing at best.
Old 09-13-2022, 06:01 AM

I haven't been there, don't plan on going, maybe I'll go to a Bowling Alley for a nice quite dinner.
Old 09-13-2022, 06:02 AM

I agree, the American Express Blue Card is the best and Chase Amazon card is another
Old 09-13-2022, 06:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,771 Times in 1,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A Paul View Post
It’s been my experience that the people determine the success or failure of a business…please ‘em, thrive, disappoint ‘em, close….if they pay the slightest attention to feedback, as displayed here, there’s hope…if they remain arrogant and non sensitive, syanora.
True.

And they do. I've told several service vendors that they've gotten favorable reviews in these pages and their reply was that they read TOTV all the time.

We're 140,000 (give or take) strong, people. That is a LOT of business.
Old 09-13-2022, 06:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,771 Times in 1,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
I found Piesano's to be OK. Not bad, not great, but OK. The best wood fired pizza I've had in central FL is at The Flying Boat Taphouse in Belleview. The best deep dish is at Legends in Leesburg. Ask for the meat sauce instead of the marinara - amazing!

Stavros is also very good - similar to Piesano's but better in my opinion. Crust is better and sauce has more flavor.

I stopped into McGrady's last week to have a beer after golf. Disappointing beer selection for an "Irish" pub, and the least expensive beer was $7 for a glass. Ridiculous for a Villages restaurant.
Any place around here where you can get Sam Adams Boston Lager on tap?
Old 09-13-2022, 06:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,810 Times in 1,566 Posts

Quote:

I handed over $20 in cash. The receipt showed Total Due 19.36 / pymt cash 20.00 / Change Due .64. The cash register knows change is due - but Frenchy's policy is - they don't give coin change. They have a sign that says no coin provided but it is not located near the register.

So, they owe you 64 cents change. Did they round down for their convenience of not having to handle coins, or did they just rob you of 64 cents and try to justify their thieving?
Old 09-13-2022, 06:19 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

After all the hype it certainly appears the Villages missed the mark on Sawgrass. As reported, the Pizza, Burger, Seafood and Butcher shop are all owned by the same company. Not sure who owns the bar. Giving a monopoly to what sounded like an interesting concept certainly leads to either a win win or lose lose situation. If one fails, they will probably all fail. A pizza place in a food court that only serves whole pizzas vs by the slice is ridiculous. Just a brief mention of the steel chairs. Even though the average villager might carry some extra padding, those seats are horribly uncomfortable and certainly don;t give a welcome and stay with us a while feel. Sawgrass was a great concept with absolutely horrible implementation.
Old 09-13-2022, 06:21 AM
Default Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
But I bet McGrady’s has a nice scotch list
They do! Flights even.
Old 09-13-2022, 06:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,630 Times in 600 Posts

My guess is no one business reads TOTV, unless they are a sponsor, just as people who work for the developer. Why the positive may not outweigh the negative, and less than 50 different people will post their thoughts. Hardly any percentage that would or could break a business.

TV is a melting pot of residence’s, I love Detroit Pizza Crust, and coney dogs. If you didn’t grow up in my region then definitely will not be on your list.

Like any business owner, the bottom line and what is selling or not, tells them how they are fairing. There will be an uptick of clientele when the deck, and stage is finished. $7 beer or not people will buy, just like at any venue in TV
Old 09-13-2022, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Our first visit was Sunday 9/11 - arrived 12:05 p.m. About 50 people milling around - 20 surrounding the bar area - 4 tables were occupied.

Chose Frenchy's for a wood-fired pizza - 4 employees working the pizza production.

"I'd like a medium pepperoni and sausage pizza".

"We only make one size and it's 12 inches. You can't order a pepperoni and sausage pizza. You can only order a pizza as described on our menu - but we can add and subtract toppings."

Their menu details 5 or 6 pizza combinations (each selectable pizza has several toppings on it). One of their selections includes sausage plus other toppings and another of their selections features pepperoni plus other toppings.

We chose their "sausage" pizza - deleted the onions - deleted the roasted green peppers...and added pepperoni.

The sausage combo pizza is priced at $15.00. No monetary deduction for eliminating the onions or peppers. There was an upcharge of $3.00 for the pepperoni. Total including a tax of $1.36 was $19.36.

Our pizza order was placed at 12:13pm (per the receipt). Our boxed pizza was presented to us at 12:48pm. Paper plates were not offered - but were provided upon request. The paper plates were....more paper then anything else. Very flimsy and couldn't support the weight of a small slice of pizza with just two toppings on it.

Frenchy's uses a wood-fired oven. The bottom of the crust was not crispy and was absent any degree of visible leoparding.

Darlin's Sweet Shoppe will not accept cash - only cards.

At least one other establishment (possibly 2) have signs posted indicating they will not provide any coin type change.

The majority of seating in the market area consists of flat steel or solid wood seat bottoms.

Thanks for the info. I was there once and was not impressed.
Closed Thread

Tags
pizza, pepperoni, sausage, toppings, change

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.