seal coating roadways?

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
They resurfaced Rose Lane yesterday, half is bumpy and uneven while the other half is good, why? First there was no notice and they blocked traffic while doing this cul de sac. WHo do I complain about this?
Go to Districtgov.org and start with contacting customer service, then sign up with the weekly district bulletin.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
A totally unannounced seal and chip contract for all roadways in the village of Fenney started last week. This was a total surprise to everyone as until the signs when up that roadwork was starting no one knew this was scheduled. The heavy oil they used along with stone chips along residential streets has brought black stain onto driveways both bare, painted, and those with pavers. The stains also go into the garages sticking to the concrete and also to those floors that have epoxy coatings. This mess does not scrub off nor does it come off completely with a power washer. The company doing this says it will clean itself after 3 weeks and a couple heavy rains. It doesn't rain in garages and with the porosity of both concrete and pavers I doubt this will be gone in 3 weeks. Has this ever been done in other villages that are less than 4 years old on "all" roadways within the village and if so how did you get your driveways clean. Our street is still sticky after 6 days and it is also all over the cars. What a mess.
Oh man more work for the home owner. Can’t believe the roads in Fenney need maintenanced already!
Old 09-23-2020, 10:00 AM

Sumter County’s 25% tax increase at work.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:17 AM

Unfortunately all are at the whims if TV. Can’t complain here. Daily Sun is ridiculous. So it is falling on deaf ears. If notified all could have made a plan. So bottom line you will have to hire a company to do it . Probably on the Morse payroll.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:21 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,343 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaSha View Post
Unfortunately all are at the whims if TV. Can’t complain here. Daily Sun is ridiculous. So it is falling on deaf ears. If notified all could have made a plan. So bottom line you will have to hire a company to do it . Probably on the Morse payroll.
I doubt that this has anything to do with the Morse family. It was either Wildwood or Sumter County, either way it was a total waste of taxpayer money and a huge inconvenience for the residents. I heard today that they are going to continue into DeSoto and McClure but not sure if that is true.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I doubt that this has anything to do with the Morse family. It was either Wildwood or Sumter County, either way it was a total waste of taxpayer money and a huge inconvenience for the residents. I heard today that they are going to continue into DeSoto and McClure but not sure if that is true.
Let’s hope you were hearing things.😂
Old 09-23-2020, 12:41 PM
Default Seal coating

Yes it's a mess. But Mr Clean scrubbers with Dawn will take the markings off the garage floor, ours is painted, without a lot of elbow grease.
Don't really know why Fenney had to have this done. The Bouganvillea villas road had the grates covered and taped down and the covering is still there, some of it half peeled off. So why didn't they clean up after?
Old 09-23-2020, 04:11 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,343 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Wagner View Post
Yes it's a mess. But Mr Clean scrubbers with Dawn will take the markings off the garage floor, ours is painted, without a lot of elbow grease.
Don't really know why Fenney had to have this done. The Bouganvillea villas road had the grates covered and taped down and the covering is still there, some of it half peeled off. So why didn't they clean up after?
This did not have to be done, it's all about money in someones pocket and too many tax dollars lying around with nothing to spend it on. I wonder if they are going to re-paint the lines on Fenney Way? Friday hey should be posting the signs in DeSoto.
Old 09-23-2020, 04:13 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
I wonder if they are going to re-paint the lines on Fenney Way?

Would like to see lots'a painting throughout TV.
Old 09-23-2020, 04:15 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
Sumter County’s 25% tax increase at work.

Noooooooooooooo, 100% of the tax increase went directly into the Developer's pocket (sarcasm).......that's what we heard all last year.
Old 09-23-2020, 04:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Fenney not that old why are the treating the streets? I could see main roads where traffic heavy.
Thought I read something a while back that they were going to so this. The coating helps lengthen the life span of the road surface, if I remember correctly. So it would be to preserving, not fixing.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:07 PM
Angry Seal Coating Roadways

Oh, how utterly stupid! Our driveway was just decoratively painted a month ago. I expect this fiasco will amount to a wasted $3,900.00 for us personally, plus lots of hard work trying to salvage it. How many (and which) Government Bozo's in Wildwood did it take to approve this insanity? They must not know how to get rid of all the money they're taking in from this area of the Villages. How can we meet with these idiots to fully express outrage? Will they send crews out to restore our driveways to the current appearance? --- Won't hold my breath, but this is inexcusable.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
This did not have to be done, it's all about money in someones pocket and too many tax dollars lying around with nothing to spend it on. I wonder if they are going to re-paint the lines on Fenney Way? Friday hey should be posting the signs in DeSoto.
Hush your mouth😀!
Old 09-23-2020, 09:19 PM
Default Sealing of roadways

Quote:
A totally unannounced seal and chip contract for all roadways in the village of Fenney started last week. This was a total surprise to everyone as until the signs when up that roadwork was starting no one knew this was scheduled. The heavy oil they used along with stone chips along residential streets has brought black stain onto driveways both bare, painted, and those with pavers. The stains also go into the garages sticking to the concrete and also to those floors that have epoxy coatings. This mess does not scrub off nor does it come off completely with a power washer. The company doing this says it will clean itself after 3 weeks and a couple heavy rains. It doesn't rain in garages and with the porosity of both concrete and pavers I doubt this will be gone in 3 weeks. Has this ever been done in other villages that are less than 4 years old on "all" roadways within the village and if so how did you get your driveways clean. Our street is still sticky after 6 days and it is also all over the cars. What a mess.
I don’t know if the highway department in Florida knows what they are doing. Up north with freezing and thawing roads last a heck of a lot longer than they do down here. They lay roads up north in layers of 3 or more inches at a time instead of 1 or 2 inches like they do here. Last year they dug up som streets in Mallory Square all the way down to dirt and then laid new macadam and those roads were maybe 12 or 13 years old, why didn’t they last longer with only local and lite weight traffic sing the streets.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
Oh, how utterly stupid! Our driveway was just decoratively painted a month ago. I expect this fiasco will amount to a wasted $3,900.00 for us personally, plus lots of hard work trying to salvage it. How many (and which) Government Bozo's in Wildwood did it take to approve this insanity? They must not know how to get rid of all the money they're taking in from this area of the Villages. How can we meet with these idiots to fully express outrage? Will they send crews out to restore our driveways to the current appearance? --- Won't hold my breath, but this is inexcusable.
Ditka41, I feel for you! Don’t know the whole story behind this but TV have to know how expensive this was for the home owner to beautify their driveways & then let a street crew come in & maybe in some cases ruined the drive that the home owner put so much pride in. What was TV Board thinking? They had to know the tar or whatever they used would ruin it or be another big expense to the home owner. Better call in BLM protestors they’ll straighten it out, LOL, just kidding that would be terrible!
Closed Thread

Tags
roadways, driveways, pavers, seal, garages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.