Searching homes?

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2017, 07:01 PM
Gold member
Default Searching homes?

The villages changed their website and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to look at homes?? It is so complicated?? Any idea how to browse?
Old 05-16-2017, 08:50 PM
Gold member

It is actually quite good once you get used to the new interface. What are you trying to browse that you are having trouble with ?
Old 05-16-2017, 10:04 PM

I agree. Difficult! Can you search only courtyard villas anymore for instance
Old 05-16-2017, 10:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railcruiser View Post
I agree. Difficult! Can you search only courtyard villas anymore for instance
Yes at the top of the page click on Series and Models, move your cursor over over "All Series" and a list of selections will appear to the left, from there you can choose Courtyard Villas.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:27 AM
Platinum member

Anyone know how to search fenced yard. There are a few new ones build like that now.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 05-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Gold member

Just resales of designer homes in general??? I do not find this easy at all. Why can't they leave well enough Alone?? It was easy before!
Old 05-17-2017, 04:00 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,416 Times in 1,463 Posts

just click off new homes and put in your price range they will all come up. If you want a golf car garage add that to your search and you won't see homes without the garage, if you want a pool add pool. I didn't like it at first but now it's okay. I still haven't figured out how to find "newest listings". We did however buy a home last week but still like to look at them.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
Anyone know how to search fenced yard. There are a few new ones build like that now.
I don't see where that is one of the filters you can use
Old 05-17-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Yes at the top of the page click on Series and Models, move your cursor over over "All Series" and a list of selections will appear to the left, from there you can choose Courtyard Villas.
My difficulty with the new site is that once I look at the photos of a particular home and want to continue looking at the list of other properties, I am unable to scroll down without starting all over again from the first property. Is there some way to continue with the list at the point where I left off to view the photos?
Old 05-18-2017, 09:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
My difficulty with the new site is that once I look at the photos of a particular home and want to continue looking at the list of other properties, I am unable to scroll down without starting all over again from the first property. Is there some way to continue with the list at the point where I left off to view the photos?
I just tried it and I don't have that problem. After looking at the photos, click on the big X in the right hand corner of the photo which will take you back to the listing. From the listing hit the X on the listing in the upper right and it takes you right to where you left off, at least it did for me on my PC using the Google Chrome browser.

I just tried it using Windows Edge and Internet Explorer and they all worked even though I thought the initial rendering of the website was very slow compared to Chrome.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:02 PM
Gold member

Not getting this. Top of page are 3 dots. Type, price, open house. If u hit type Only new or pre owned comes up. If u hit pre owned you only see a few??? If u want to look at a type of home. Ex lantana no where to type in? Wonder if there is a phone number to call. I can see many using Zillow which is so much easier to navigate
Old 05-18-2017, 07:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Not getting this. Top of page are 3 dots. Type, price, open house. If u hit type Only new or pre owned comes up. If u hit pre owned you only see a few??? If u want to look at a type of home. Ex lantana no where to type in? Wonder if there is a phone number to call. I can see many using Zillow which is so much easier to navigate
When I look at it I see 3 dots, Type, Price, Open House, Area and Village, Series and Models and More.

Do you have the zoom on your browser set real high ? When I change my zoom to 250% instead of 100% I see what you say you see but there is also a slider bar underneath where you can slide over to see the rest of the filter options I have described above.

sale-jpg
Old 05-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Gold member

I have no idea about zoom. Don't know how to change it. It shouldn't be this difficult to navigate
Old 05-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,064 Times in 461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
I have no idea about zoom. Don't know how to change it. It shouldn't be this difficult to navigate
I think that you need someone to sit down with you.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:09 PM

I agree with the above prospective homeowners that the new format is difficult to browse homes. The last format was much easier and I found I was able to access all the information I needed. For instance, how large a lot is, if the lot was able to handle a pool, etc., etc., etc. PLEASE sometimes the old way is the best way. If something isn't broken why fix it?

Tags
homes, complicated, browse, idea, website

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.