Seco

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2023, 10:59 AM
Thumbs up Seco

SECO Energy Foundation – SECO Energy UNENROLL from charity donation is easy!
Old 02-21-2023, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Old topic, beat to death on another thread.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Other than a long time to hold on to reach a real life human it was easy
Old 02-21-2023, 02:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy2231 View Post
SECO Energy Foundation – SECO Energy UNENROLL from charity donation is easy!
Thank you for posting - I didn't see the earlier one.

(Can do it all on-line - no telephone call needed)
Old 02-21-2023, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Thank you for posting - I didn't see the earlier one.

(Can do it all on-line - no telephone call needed)
The same is true with nearly all posts that someone is told is old news. I've seen posts here, as well as on other forums where people are told they are wasting everyone's time generate pages of replies because the subject is new to a whole new group of people.

Someone might say "You should have used the search to see if this subject has been covered already". But the fact is this is a Discussion Forum. People come here to interact with like-minded people with similar interests.

Also. Bottom line. If someone recognizes a repeat subject they can just scroll past rather than stop and waste Their Own time replying. If ONE additional person is helped by a repeat post someone has been enriched by the information.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:10 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

They should ask if we want to donate, not have to contact them that we don't want to donate.
Old 02-22-2023, 04:28 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
The same is true with nearly all posts that someone is told is old news. I've seen posts here, as well as on other forums where people are told they are wasting everyone's time generate pages of replies because the subject is new to a whole new group of people.

Someone might say "You should have used the search to see if this subject has been covered already". But the fact is this is a Discussion Forum. People come here to interact with like-minded people with similar interests.

Also. Bottom line. If someone recognizes a repeat subject they can just scroll past rather than stop and waste Their Own time replying. If ONE additional person is helped by a repeat post someone has been enriched by the information.
So well said ! I'd missed that particular post also, but the bottom line is actually those who feel compelled to point out what the reader "SHOULD or SHOULD NOT" have done. That takes a particular personality type. Often called "YOU" messages in a professional setting... meaning YOU should have read more carefully, YOU should have SEEN the previous postings, etc. etc. It is more a personality trait than a planned mode of communication. "YOU, you, you is never a good way to express one's SELF, it sets of a defensive stance from the get go, not to mention the intent (overt or covert) to "put another in their place to enhance one's own worth". IF such people would just try another approach, such as "I realize this has appeared before, or I realize this is only my opinion but, just beginning with "I" (self) can often make a person's personality much less abrasive.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Other than a long time to hold on to reach a real life human it was easy
Web site was done in a flash.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
So well said ! I'd missed that particular post also, but the bottom line is actually those who feel compelled to point out what the reader "SHOULD or SHOULD NOT" have done. That takes a particular personality type. Often called "YOU" messages in a professional setting... meaning YOU should have read more carefully, YOU should have SEEN the previous postings, etc. etc. It is more a personality trait than a planned mode of communication. "YOU, you, you is never a good way to express one's SELF, it sets of a defensive stance from the get go, not to mention the intent (overt or covert) to "put another in their place to enhance one's own worth". IF such people would just try another approach, such as "I realize this has appeared before, or I realize this is only my opinion but, just beginning with "I" (self) can often make a person's personality much less abrasive.
"I" applaud you. Sounds like you can hang your Psych sign. I look at other peoples' stuff as their childhood issues (We all have them). I never take offense & can forgive instantly; even w/strangers.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
They should ask if we want to donate, not have to contact them that we don't want to donate.
It's how "they" get you! Just like when you sign up on a FREE deal giving you 30 days to cancel if you don't want to be charged. If you don't calendar it to remember, you are charged.
Old 02-22-2023, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Old topic, beat to death on another thread.
Aw Shucks!
Old 02-22-2023, 10:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Web site was done in a flash.
If they ever do this again will go that route
Old 02-24-2023, 11:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
"I" applaud you. Sounds like you can hang your Psych sign. I look at other peoples' stuff as their childhood issues (We all have them). I never take offense & can forgive instantly; even w/strangers.
Also if the poster wanted to be friendly, they could say something along the lines of: here is a link to an earlier post, you might find some helpful info there. Rather than taking the sarcastic, unhelpful route
Old 02-24-2023, 11:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
Also if the poster wanted to be friendly, they could say something along the lines of: here is a link to an earlier post, you might find some helpful info there. Rather than taking the sarcastic, unhelpful route
Well said
Old 02-24-2023, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Aw Shucks!
Restaurant in Wildwood.😀

Tags
seco, unenroll, charity, donation, easy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.