SECO Notification 2/5/2021

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2021, 11:05 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn Putt View Post
We also got that. I think it was a blanket distribution because we actually maintain a passage way thru the shrubs that was open when I sprayed for weeks and bugs last week without any difficulty getting in there.
I think it was a blanket one too ! Surely if they have a specific issue with a home owner OR with the developers of the villages there would be more specific communication than what we ( and most we've talked to in our village) received in this blanket notice !!??
Old 02-06-2021, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromNY View Post
Where was the developer when the homes were built? Didn't they confer with SECO as to placement of meters? Boxes? Maybe they are splitting the fines?
That sounds like it could be one of the better hate posts about the developer...... or was it supposed to be funny?
Old 02-06-2021, 12:42 PM

First you need to contact seco and find out exactly where your electric box is {period} they are not talking about the electric meter on your wall {period} they are talking about a box located somewhere in your yard {period} my courtyard Villa box was a flat cover in the ground that was next to some other utility boxes {period} you must remove all plantings within 3 ft on all four sides of your electric box in the ground, not the meter.
Old 02-06-2021, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Seems rather simple:

Keep It Clear – SECO Energy
Old 02-06-2021, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmcaninch View Post
Are you saying that shrubs at homes have contributed to the deaths of utility workers?
It was explained to my by a SECO rep that if the equipment arcs, the techs need to be able to get out of the way quickly. Yes, there have been a couple of deaths recently because the techs could not get out of the way of the arc. This is the reason why SECO is finally taking care of clearing the areas around their equipment.

We complied. Took out a gorgeous hedge that blocked that unsightly SECO box. We also took out one shrub that was directly in front of the SECO meter on the side of our home.
Old 02-06-2021, 01:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R.I.T.S. View Post
I believe the boxes referenced by SECO are the ones in the ground, not house meters. I had to take down a crape myrtle because it was 18" away as well as some flowers. It's not the end of the world. Just do it. Pretend it's like having to wear a mask. 🙄
House meters ARE include in the SECO quest to clear their equipment. I had to clear in front of the meter and clear the area around that huge green SECO transformer that is in the back of our property.
Old 02-06-2021, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingridbrandt48@gmail.com View Post
Been there, Done that - just one week after moving into my home in Nov.2020 - I received a letter from Seco - had to spend more that $100 to remove a bush that probably had been there more than 20 years - Noticed though that there was a transformer with a "Village" fence less than 3 feet behind it - go figure -
I know what you mean. We cleared the shrubs from one side and the front of the transformer box but on the other side of the transformer box sits a cable dome not more than 12" away on the other side.
Old 02-06-2021, 03:32 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaufnelson View Post
First you need to contact seco and find out exactly where your electric box is {period} they are not talking about the electric meter on your wall {period} they are talking about a box located somewhere in your yard {period} my courtyard Villa box was a flat cover in the ground that was next to some other utility boxes {period} you must remove all plantings within 3 ft on all four sides of your electric box in the ground, not the meter.
I hate when somebody will post wrong info because they haven't read the whole thread.
Old 02-06-2021, 04:41 PM
John41

///

Last edited by John41; 02-06-2021 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2021, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
I hate when somebody will post wrong info because they haven't read the whole thread.
Welcome to Talk Of The Virus.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:25 PM
Default They’re ridiculous

I’ve never seen any other neighborhoods other than here where they have these ugly boxes all over the place.

(Maybe you have seen them. Most places do NOT.)

They’re absolutely ugly and unnecessary. How did TV let this happen?

They all over the place!
Old 02-06-2021, 06:39 PM

Maybe SECO can meet with the contractors and provide them levels so that perhaps they can install the boxes straight and plumb. I have never seen one installed straight. Not sure if it is a requirement that they all lean in opposite directions. They look like they were installed by workers returning from happy hour somewhere. They are ugly if installed straight, they are even uglier and more of an eyesore when they are crooked.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
I’ve never seen any other neighborhoods other than here where they have these ugly boxes all over the place.

They all over the place!
It's called underground wiring.
Looks better and more storm proof than overhead wires.

Last edited by NoMoSno; 02-06-2021 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

They all over the place!
Our community has underground utilities. Have you noticed there are no "telephone poles" in The Villages with all sorts of wires hanging on them? Remember those?
Old 02-07-2021, 04:04 PM

I’m sure the house has been there since 2005 and nothing had ever been said
Closed Thread

Tags
seco, meter, hedge, clearance, wall

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.