Security gates = safety issue more ways than one...

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Security gates = safety issue more ways than one...

this morning while on my morning walk I witnessed an ambulance and fire truck, on their way to an emergency, as they were going red with sirens...they turned into the entrance to Bridgeport at Lake Sumter...the ambulance had to stop, push the button...wait for the gate to go up.....as the fire truck could not jump in behind...he too had to push the button....wait for the gate to go up.
In the so called "golden hour" they may have to wait for a ridiculous system that at best serves NO purpose other than traffic flow. On a scale of 1-10 security rating = 1....traffic flow = 4.....really dumb eye wash only that will be an impediment to someones life some day. The Villages should just remove them all and save time and money.
And I do not buy the system discourages those who may be unfamiliar. It takes about 1.5 minutes of observation to determine the ease with which ANYBODY has access. And of course if they were really stupid and are discouraged by the gate....they can always just walk in ANYWHERE.
Anybody who has ever lived in a truly gated community would view these useless decorations for what they are....a waste of time.

BTK
Old 10-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Sage

BTK,

Some valid points but a better question is why isn't there communication between emergency vehicles and village watch? Village watch can remotely open any gate. As soon as the fire dept was dispatched, Village Watch should have opened Bridgeport gates to provide them unfettered access.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
BTK,

Some valid points but a better question is why isn't there communication between emergency vehicles and village watch? Village watch can remotely open any gate. As soon as the fire dept was dispatched, Village Watch should have opened Bridgeport gates to provide them unfettered access.
Good idea. This method is already being used around traffic lights all through our city. The police/fire dept. can have the lights changed remotely before they enter an intersection.

"When you're right you can afford to keep your temper and when you're wrong you can't afford to loose it"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.