Selling House

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 02-12-2020, 04:51 PM
Original Topic
Default Selling House

I have a patio villa in the village of Ashland 10 minutes away from Lake Sumter which I’m going to be selling soon. Currently I have an excellent tenant in the home that’s been there 3 to 4 years and hopes to stay. Trying to decide if I should wait to the end of his lease and have him move out and then sell it as a turnkey or if there is much interest in purchasing investment property with a tenant that is in place. I do not live in the area, so everything is done long distance.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:59 PM

How much do you want for it?
Old 02-12-2020, 06:54 PM

You want the place to be clean and neat when it is being shown. Can the tenant do that, and will he/she be willing to accommodate the real estate people when they want to do a showing?
Old 02-12-2020, 07:37 PM

Assuming you are going to be using a real estate agent, I'd suggest that is an excellent question to ask him or her.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliewna View Post
I have a patio villa in the village of Ashland 10 minutes away from Lake Sumter which I’m going to be selling soon. Currently I have an excellent tenant in the home that’s been there 3 to 4 years and hopes to stay. Trying to decide if I should wait to the end of his lease and have him move out and then sell it as a turnkey or if there is much interest in purchasing investment property with a tenant that is in place. I do not live in the area, so everything is done long distance.
I think you will get a better price if you move the tenant out and make the house attractive to a buyer who wants to live in it. An investor will probably want to buy the house for less than market value. Currently, there is a seller's market in The Villages, and villas are in demand. You will have a lot more potential buyers who want a house to live in it than you will have investors. Having a current tenant in the house is not really an advantage because an investor can always find a tenant.

Tags
selling, tenant, area, turnkey, lease

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.