Semi-fair article on Morse Poaching

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Semi-fair article on Morse Poaching

Found this Florida article on the Mark Morse/Ike Rainey hunting mess: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,7284701.story

While it doesn't even remotely imply that there was no wrong-doing, it does seem to give a fairer spin than anything I've read to date. What I found interesting is that this was bylined by an Orlando Sentinal reporter.

It obviously gives some of the arguments that will be made in court (Montana hunting laws change frequently thus making it hard to know what is legal; the leaking of the news done to inflame jurists; etc.). One thing I really liked about this article is that the emphasis was on Rainey, who, to my mind, committed the far more serious offenses. I still don't get why his possible punishments are so much less than Morse's.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Default Here we go again

Another platform to rehash what probably has been said before??

Last edited by Ajack; 11-23-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajack View Post
Another platform to rehash what probably has been said before?
Yup...
Old 11-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Found this Florida article on the Mark Morse/Ike Rainey hunting mess: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,7284701.story

While it doesn't even remotely imply that there was no wrong-doing, it does seem to give a fairer spin than anything I've read to date. What I found interesting is that this was bylined by an Orlando Sentinal reporter.

It obviously gives some of the arguments that will be made in court (Montana hunting laws change frequently thus making it hard to know what is legal; the leaking of the news done to inflame jurists; etc.). One thing I really liked about this article is that the emphasis was on Rainey, who, to my mind, committed the far more serious offenses. I still don't get why his possible punishments are so much less than Morse's.

It is a good article redwitch, but it was posted in another thread about this subject.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Thanks, bk .. I guess I missed the previous link.

And Aj and bob, if I had simply wanted to rehash what had been said, I don't think I would have put a link to an article that simply gave the facts without all the rhetoric. I figure everything has pretty much been said in TOTV about the actions, but I thought a fair piece was worth reading. I really expect few responses.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-23-2010, 11:50 AM

Thank you, Red. I always enjoy your posts and appreciate your good intentions.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:52 PM

I agree with bogart. Red has much more knowledge and better manners than some who post on this board.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Gold member

WHY!!!!! has nobody jumped all over the messenger, as was done to "the shadow" when he posted a similar post with a link to the Orlando Sentinel here are a few responses to the shadows post--"have to wonder why such a thread was started." also ."Is Shadow using this forum as some kind of vendetta against The Villages or the Morse family? and I agree and would expect nothing different from shadow having read his comments here and on the old poa website."
It was nice to read that---"Former Florida Fish and Wildlife game warden Rick Staton, who was also charged with misdemeanor crimes relating to the case, was hired as the ranch manager in 2008 at Wolf Mountain Ranch — co-owned by Rainey and Morse" This is a great defence----"You get more press for a dead elk than you do a dead baby around here," Parker said, who is representing Griffith. "More animals were killed on the road during this conversation than on these ranches." Great defence -- rest your case!!
"He said the Montana's hunting rules change so often from district to the district that "it's not hard to find yourself in a technical violation."Dont sound like the charges are that technical to me but maybe i missed something - maybe you dont need a liscense???
Old 11-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Taltarzac
Default Isn't the court date for this poaching case today??

Was not November 23rd the court date for this poaching matter?
Old 11-23-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
Yea, and somebody already started another thread about it. Isn't this fun?
Old 11-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
Somebody who seems to know a great deal about the case started another thread with information about that Tal, just a few minutes ago.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Sage

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.