separate fennny???

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2017, 06:38 PM

Wow, it seems there are alot of Fenney haters out there. There were people in the Fenney Grill who stated we were not "real villagers." The other person answered, "then why are you here?" I live in Fenney and love it. I still work and many of the people moving in also still work so we are used to driving. We are content where we are. Golf cart access is not why we are here and the people I know and are continuing to meet, this not a make or break deal. Fenney is closer to a beautiful Publix, gas, pharmacy, and a wonderful urgent care(had to use last week) than where I lived in Texas. We know about the prison, bond, taxes, traffic, changes that could be in the future, growth, the great onion rings, the developer(said in hushed tone) wanting to develop, and on and on and on. We are here and are Villagers. I am so grateful to be here and my wonderful fiance, fighting health issues, stated he feels like he has died and gone to heaven. He has begun to be more active and is getting so much support and love from neighbors. That, as far as I am concerned, is what the Villages are all about.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:58 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenuity View Post
Wow, it seems there are alot of Fenney haters out there. There were people in the Fenney Grill who stated we were not "real villagers." The other person answered, "then why are you here?" I live in Fenney and love it. I still work and many of the people moving in also still work so we are used to driving. We are content where we are. Golf cart access is not why we are here and the people I know and are continuing to meet, this not a make or break deal. Fenney is closer to a beautiful Publix, gas, pharmacy, and a wonderful urgent care(had to use last week) than where I lived in Texas. We know about the prison, bond, taxes, traffic, changes that could be in the future, growth, the great onion rings, the developer(said in hushed tone) wanting to develop, and on and on and on. We are here and are Villagers. I am so grateful to be here and my wonderful fiance, fighting health issues, stated he feels like he has died and gone to heaven. He has begun to be more active and is getting so much support and love from neighbors. That, as far as I am concerned, is what the Villages are all about.
Rule #1 - Ignore the numbnuts who make stupid comments.

Rule #2 - There are no other rules.

Also, there are 15 or 20 habitual complainers on TOTV. There are 100k residents. The complainers are irrelevant and miserable so they think you should be too.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I don’t believe that the Florida legislators never envisioned a city the size of the Villages when they created the concept of CDDs to help local developers. I believe we are approaching a size that will require changes in governance and what the city can and can’t do. Not for us to decide as it will require changes made by the State of Florida legislators to CDD rules and regulations.

We are unique as no one else comes close to our current or projected size. A few adjustments have been made. Will our future size demand more changes?
I think the state of Florida is excited about the economic development in Sumter County and would like to replicate it in other areas of the state. They are all for the growth of TV
Old 11-14-2017, 07:32 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I think the state of Florida is excited about the economic development in Sumter County and would like to replicate it in other areas of the state. They are all for the growth of TV
I would agree! Yet, current regulations call for local counties to provide disaster service to The Villages. The Villages is not allowed to control this and several other services that are commonly handled by a city government. It's not the growth, it's the structure of government and what is allowed that I believe may need to be changed because of size.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:44 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Does anyone really believe that the new villages south of 44 won't be connected to the old villages north of 44 via golf car? The Villages Golf is already selling gas, doing minor repairs, and renting golf cars down here, getting more name recognition for the near future I would say.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I wonder how residents of the historic villages felt about crossing 441 and growing South?

I wonder how the residents between 441 and 466 felt about crossing 466 and growing south? Ditto for historic residents.

And then there are the residents between 466 and 466A and how they felt about crossing 466A and growing south? Ditto the above two.......

Some how it all worked the way it was planned. The developer delivered on everything the promised to do and maintain.

One could get the impression there are a lot of folks with a lot of time on their schedule. Rather than wishful guessing...try going outside and measuring some passing clouds. The results have a better chance of being more accurate than some of the unfounded comments and wishful thinking..

In my humble opinion.
You do not have to be humble.
Your thoughts are well stated, and hopefully will make those that posted the bashing comments to............stop and think!
Old 11-14-2017, 07:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
I do not live in Fenny. But, I am happy - that you are happy.
You are a part of just more good Villagers. Welcome!
Old 11-14-2017, 08:07 PM
Sage
Default separate fennny???

Quote:

No one hates Fenny or the Fennyites . I think many don’t like what the Morse family is doing in that they should have done it elsewhere. Development south of 44 will cause too much crowding out of our amenities north of 44 with barely anything to offer us south of 44. Pitch ‘n Putt will get old, retail will be inadequate and construction traffic coming up and down Morse won’t let up for another 10 years, minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Wiotte; 11-14-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:09 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

It really is nice down here. Very little traffic to contend with at this point, quiet evenings, no crowds, a lot of "take charge" owners setting up social gatherings, and events. We're all new down here and it's fun meeting someone new every day. We even have mail box keys now just like up north, the first golf courses are open, the DeSoto rec center is going up fast and so is DeSoto for that matter, several Fenney sections have no building lots left, and the new sections are building up quickly. Gotta mention natural gas, that was a win for us. The bashers are only showing their ignorance and when they realize that this is the future of The Villages it will stop.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
It really is nice down here. Very little traffic to contend with at this point, quiet evenings, no crowds, a lot of "take charge" owners setting up social gatherings, and events. We're all new down here and it's fun meeting someone new every day. We even have mail box keys now just like up north, the first golf courses are open, the DeSoto rec center is going up fast and so is DeSoto for that matter, several Fenney sections have no building lots left, and the new sections are building up quickly. Gotta mention natural gas, that was a win for us. The bashers are only showing their ignorance and when they realize that this is the future of The Villages it will stop.
Yes, that is what most of us have gone thru. For us it was in 2002, growing with a new village.
And I don’t think living here for six months is time to know everything......let alone bashing at every turn.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
should fenny and all other new down south villages be separate from main villages, let them start a villages 2, no bridges or cart path to connect to main villages , and no shared services like rec centers and golf courses. is that a bad thing or good ?? what do you think ??
What do I think? I think the idea being good or bad is irrelevant. Your question seems to indicate that the possibility of deciding this is yet to come. "The ship has already sailed," as the saying goes.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian View Post
I heard from a high placed source, that Fenney and the other new lands were not owned by the Morse heirs. This means a whole different ball game from The Villages. <snip>
That source is absolutely wrong. Therefore, the "ball game" remains unchanged. And Thank Goodness for that.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Morse has always supplied the infrastructure, Rec Centers and amenities prior to selling their first house. This hasn’t happened this time. I would be a wary buyer if I were interested in Fenny. Especially when certain parts are subject to state approval. [emoji47]

I really can't see the state of Florida killing the goose that laid, and continues to lay, the golden egg for them.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Morse has always supplied the infrastructure, Rec Centers and amenities prior to selling their first house. This hasn’t happened this time. I would be a wary buyer if I were interested in Fenny. Especially when certain parts are subject to state approval. [emoji47]

Did two rec centers, two executive courses a restaurant and a new Put & Play facility not open in coordination with the opening of The Village of Fenney?

Fenney is just one Village, not the entire southern development. That’s just now beginning.

I’m still confused why people think they will all of a sudden just bail on building golf courses, commercial space and rec centers. Why would they mess with a formula that’s made them millions?
Old 11-14-2017, 09:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
No one hates Fenny or the Fennyites . I think many don’t like what the Morse family is doing in that they should have done it elsewhere. Development south of 44 will cause too much crowding out of our amenities north of 44 with barely anything to offer us south of 44. Pitch ‘n Putt will get old, retail will be inadequate and construction traffic coming up and down Morse won’t let up for another 10 years, minimum.

When everything is filled in, which shouldn't take very long, a couple three years, then Pitch 'n Putt will be joined by all of the other things, including more golf courses, rec centers, pools, businesses, etc.. If, and I hate to be tiresome, some would wait and see how things are carefully planned and the plans are NOT revealed ahead of time by the Morse family, and that things fall in place exactly the way they should, we wouldn't have to read off base negative speculation from posters who hasn't really been here long enough to see how things work out well.

Patience Grasshopper. Hide and watch. All's well that ends well.

Tags
villages, main, separate, centers, rec

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.