Seriously?

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2017, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts
Default Seriously?

With the championship courses south of 466A closed, there have been some interesting new uses. First, we had the sightseeing crowd TRESPASS onto the course to drive up to the flood waters and stare. Gee, look at the water. DOH! Then we had the pooch walkers who TRESPASSED because they viewed an empty golf course as a giant dog park or pet potty. Now, we have a cyclist TRESPASSING---why leave all those cart paths empty? Of course, he ran out of cart path and tried to ride through mud. So what part of TRESPASSING don't these people understand. Since they are never out in the day when the ambassadors are roaming about, only after they leave, it's clear they are aware that they are doing something wrong. Yet they do it anyway, hoping not to get caught. Sort of like seat saving or parking in the fire lane.
These courses are closed, in part, for safety reasons. There is very soft turf you can sink into, there are gators and snakes displaced from their normal hiding spots, there is a lot of debris, and then there are the sprinklers that are used to lower pond levels. If one pops up and hits you in the head with the water jet, it will be like getting hit by a sledgehammer.
So be smart, be safe, and STAY OFF!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0880.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	71888  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I'm sending you my chiropractors bill.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Sideways.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	71891  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I'm sending you my chiropractors bill.
No matter what I try, the photos from my I phone come out sideways on TOTV. Rotating them anywhere from the source to the post doesn't work. Try some gentle heat and ben gay
Old 10-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
With the championship courses south of 466A closed, there have been some interesting new uses. First, we had the sightseeing crowd TRESPASS onto the course to drive up to the flood waters and stare. Gee, look at the water. DOH! Then we had the pooch walkers who TRESPASSED because they viewed an empty golf course as a giant dog park or pet potty. Now, we have a cyclist TRESPASSING---why leave all those cart paths empty? Of course, he ran out of cart path and tried to ride through mud. So what part of TRESPASSING don't these people understand. Since they are never out in the day when the ambassadors are roaming about, only after they leave, it's clear they are aware that they are doing something wrong. Yet they do it anyway, hoping not to get caught. Sort of like seat saving or parking in the fire lane.
These courses are closed, in part, for safety reasons. There is very soft turf you can sink into, there are gators and snakes displaced from their normal hiding spots, there is a lot of debris, and then there are the sprinklers that are used to lower pond levels. If one pops up and hits you in the head with the water jet, it will be like getting hit by a sledgehammer.
So be smart, be safe, and STAY OFF!!!!
These are the same idiots that don't respect peoples property when there golfing also.
My 2 cents
Old 10-06-2017, 10:46 AM

To think this is all being done by people who in general were brought up to be polite and follow rules; imagine what it will be like when more and more people who were not brought up that way are around??
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
water, empty, part, cart, leave

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.