Sewer insurance?

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2022, 11:40 AM
Default Sewer insurance?

Hi all,

Is there such a thing as "sewer insurance" in TV? Up here, I pay a small charge on my water bill to cover potential issues if repairs need to made to the main sewer line going from my house to the street. This covers repairs to the line itself, plus any excavation and replacement of the excavation. Or is this covered in any of the monthly TV fees?

Thanks!

Kevin
Old 08-21-2022, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,968 Times in 5,353 Posts

I think the only way to buy it is from a third party company. But, in my opinion, it would not be worth the cost. Not a good deal.

You can probably add a rider to your homeowner's policy that will cover damage caused by a sewer line back up, but it doesn't cover a repair to the sewer pipe itself. The sewer back up rider is worth buying.
Old 08-23-2022, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp11364 View Post
Hi all,

Is there such a thing as "sewer insurance" in TV? Up here, I pay a small charge on my water bill to cover potential issues if repairs need to made to the main sewer line going from my house to the street. This covers repairs to the line itself, plus any excavation and replacement of the excavation. Or is this covered in any of the monthly TV fees?

Thanks!

Kevin
I often post the same advice, call the villages offices, they are always helpful. If, the person on the phone does not know they will know or will find out WHO to ask. Insurance any insurance is an assessment of the risk vs the cost. I may be wrong, may not have been even the villages. We were offered this insurance somewhere. Low cost insurance means low risk. A common sewer issue is tree roots getting into the line. Typical, insurance-not covered. Typical, repair a cutter sent down the pipe. The, "repair," is temporary.

To make it even more confusing not every village has the same Water, trash, etc company. The rules are not the same.
Old 08-23-2022, 05:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,162 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The sewer back up rider is worth buying.
7 years ago, renting here in Florida we had our sump pump malfunction in our basement in Wisconsin. Luckly we were on our way home.

We needed to replace the furnace, hot water heater, furniture, and a lot of personal items.

Called American Family who held my home insurance, and because I didn't have a
rider for my sump pump they said: "So sorry to bad, can't help you."

If you in doubt, get a rider.
Old 08-23-2022, 08:48 PM
Veteran member

What is Sewer Backup Insurance? | Bankrate
Closed Thread

Tags
sewer, line, repairs, insurance, excavation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.