sewer plant?

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Veteran member
Default sewer plant?

I posted this under the "Train" topic, but thought it deserved its own heading..

Where is the sewer plant?
Village of Hemmingway
Old 04-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Founder
Default Re: sewer plant?

I don't think there is one in The Villages proper.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:49 PM

I'm pretty sure one is located off Rio Grande not sure of the rest but found this info on search.
THE VILLAGES OF LAKE-SUMTER

Water and Wastewater Facilities Designed and Supervised Construction of the following:

Wastewater Treatment and Reclamation Facilities 2.0 MGD plant located in Lake County 3.0 MGD plant located in Sumter County 3.5 MGD plant located in Sumter County These facilities provide reclaimed water to The Villages golf courses.

Water Treatment Facilities 7 Water treatment facilities 3 Elevated storage tanks 4 Ground storage tanks with high service pumps 11 Irrigation pumping facilities - These facilities provide central irrigation water for The Villages residents and commercial properties utilizing storm water and Lower Floridian Water.

BANYAN CONSTRUCTION & DEVELOPMENT, INC.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Gold member

But where is this plant located? Is it within TV? Or if not, is it very close by?
Old 04-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Eternal Member

There is a large water treatment facility on Buena Vista behind the fire department (near Liberty Park). There is an occasional unpleasant odor when the operators screw up but generally not bad. Normally it's less malodorous that a regular sprinkler system. I think there's another facility that's involved in the sewerage process on the Hemingway course. Have not idea what it is or what it does.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 04-20-2008, 12:50 AM

there is also one in Alhambra. We were told, when looking for a house, to NOT buy in the Liberty Park area because of the odor that exudes from the sewer treatment plant near the firehouse. We even stopped and talked to the firemen there, and they verified that you can, indeed, smell it when the wind is in the right direction. Yes, there is one south, near the Havana Country Club. Location, location, location is important when buying a home here.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Eternal Member

I doubt if it was anyone in Liberty Park who told you not to by there. The smell is not noticeable at all 99% of the time. On occasion, as I said, they screw up at the plant and the air is "fragrant." It is almost always a weekend occurrence. The normal smell from the plant, regardless of the wind, is less ripe than the potent smell one often gets from the nonpotable water in the irrigation system.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Veteran member

Thank you for your replies. Its a help.

Peggy
Village of Hemmingway
Old 04-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Veteran member

I think I drive past one on Camino Real on the way to St. Timothy Church each week?????
Old 04-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Gold member

They are certainly scattered throughout TV. Usually placed adjacent to RV Storage Facilities and Executive Golf Courses. You wont find them close to areas with high concentrations of Premier Homes or Championship Golf Courses. I agree that some days are worse than others. Guess that's when someone forgets to close the cover.

Best advice for prospective residents is to ask salesperson, where they are located and then take your time as you travel around TV to look for heavy traffic, listen for trains and smell the roses. If it ain't roses you smell then maybe you are near the facility that reclaims waste water and converts it to non-potable water for use on Golf Courses and alongside the roads and cul de sacs.

Caveat Emptor Caveat Emptor Caveat Emptor Caveat Emptor Caveat Emptor
Old 04-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Eternal Member

Don't forget, at least south of 466, all irrigation, including on private lawns, is done with recycled, non-potable water. It's a whole lot cheaper and less wasteful (no pun intended) than using tap water. There is a noticeable aroma to the uninitiated, but one to which you relatively quickly become acclimated. One can change their irrigation system to regular water but it greatly increases your utility costs and if the guy on your left and the guy on your right are using stinky old reclaimed water, you're still going to smell it even if you use Evian for your lawn.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I have a home in Liberty Park and spend the summers there.

There has never been a time that I smelled an odor of any kind...well, not the odor you all are talking about. (Won't mention the time I burned the pancakes... ;D)
Old 04-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01
I have a home in Liberty Park and spend the summers there.

There has never been a time that I smelled an odor of any kind...well, not the odor you all are talking about. (Won't mention the time I burned the pancakes... ;D)
Bright,

You're too funny!

Thanks guys for your advice.
Village of Hemmingway
Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Gold member

I believe there is one on El Camino. Occasionally there is an odor, nothing constant.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Veteran member

There is a large field behind the Rio Grande family pool with a couple of small buildings. No clue what they are, but we've never smelled anything.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.