Sex offender, convicted of carrying concealed weapon & 2 robberies

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2016, 06:03 AM
Default Imperative!

I think to be informed, upset and angry that undesirables are living among us is a necessity. Who says you have to be the Worlds Friendliest Town and "welcome" the depraved. Immorality is not a one shot deal. You have to think that way and maybe there could be redemption for behavior but time will tell and you certainly shouldn't have to be friendly and welcoming.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

I look at it this way, our new gun toting thief/sex offender coming to The Villages is like a gold miner going into a gold mine. His goal in life will in his sights.

The Villages Florida
Old 10-10-2016, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
The only issue I have is that there are 3 pages of Villagers listed on the sex offender registry but the others do not get publicized in the paper so people have no problem with them ? You just need to keep aware of the registry if you are having your grandkids etc come to visit since there is no law against them moving into your neighborhood.
Exactly.

All one needs to do is to put their address in the 'neighborhood search' portion of this site....and it will show all of the offenders that are near you.

FDLE Florida Sexual Offenders and Predators

I'm still trying to figure out why, with the dozens of other Sexual Offenders and Predators also living here...this person warrants such attention?

Surely there has to be another agenda at work here?
Old 10-10-2016, 08:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member

These are being discussed because someone took tbe time to post about them. if you want the others to receive equal press, list their names, address and reason for conviction.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
These are being discussed because someone took tbe time to post about them. if you want the others to receive equal press, list their names, address and reason for conviction.
He was mentioned in the site that must not be named.

I do not think there is any more to it than that.

Some people can be reformed through prison. I met a few of them when I was a student then Student Director of Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners for the Minnesota Correctional Facility-- Stillwater. There were only a few of these though IMHO. Rehabilitation is possible though given the right circumstances like family, friends, religion and the like.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Please answer the three questions below;

Do you have Grandchildren?

I don't sense "panic". Child molesters can't be fixed to stop, so it is to everyone's best interest to be aware. It does change whether you let visiting children ride around the loop on your bike and who you invite to gatherings I would think. Why the hostile post?
I'm not so sure. Wasn't voluntary chemical castration offered years ago for offenders.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Exactly.

All one needs to do is to put their address in the 'neighborhood search' portion of this site....and it will show all of the offenders that are near you.

I'm still trying to figure out why, with the dozens of other Sexual Offenders and Predators also living here...this person warrants such attention?

I think that it is just that Meta decided to show their face when the new ones moved in. That is what I think. It is something new she has started, and it is a good thing. Looks like a public service to me.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think that it is just that Meta decided to show their face when the new ones moved in. That is what I think. It is something new she has started, and it is a good thing. Looks like a public service to me.
If you use the neighborhood search and choose 'map' or 'list' from my FDLE link, it not only gives you their address...but also shows a photo of each and every one of them.

So showing a photo of them...isn't something new.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I'm not so sure. Wasn't voluntary chemical castration offered years ago for offenders.
Chemical "castration" is something that is often offered up as an alternative to locking up an offender (usually the "defense" makes the offer). When people hear "castration" they tend to think it's a tough punishment that'll teach the offender a lesson and prevent any further acts.

Actually, it's not much of anything. Does Chemical Castration Help Child Sex Offenders Control Their Urges?

It's not uncommon to read about a rapist who was "chemically castrated" but decided he didn't like it and stopped treatments.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 10-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Gold member

The Villages is a City of over 100,000 people. You are going to have a verity of everything. As much as you would like it to be it is not a small town.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Eternal Member

From some of the posts on this thread, I expect Villagers with torches and pitchforks to descend upon the house.

As another poster said, we are a city of over 100,000 people.

Live and let live in peace - unless you have a VALID reason to call the Sheriff.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
From some of the posts on this thread, I expect Villagers with torches and pitchforks to descend upon the house.

Live and let live in peace - unless you have a VALID reason to call the Sheriff.
Well said......yours is the voice of reason.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Why are posters referring to this guy as a pedophile?
Old 10-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post

I would like to paraphrase the question asked earlier, would you invite a person convicted of a sex crime into your home when your grandchildren are visiting!
Old 10-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Exactly.

Could it be because he was also convicted of multiple violent crimes?
Closed Thread

Tags
winifred, village, sherwood, paper, online

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.