Shame!

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Veteran member
Default Shame!

To the person driving the white SUV on Bailey Trail this morning around 830 who drove through a family of ducks trying to cross the road, I hope you can live with yourself. You killed one outright and a second was not going to survive.

I was a couple of cars back and I don't see how you couldn't spot them - they were literally in line from one side of the road to the other. If you couldn't spot them, then shame on you for being so oblivious to what's going on on the road around you. And if you could see them and couldn't be bothered to slow down or stop, then I have nothing further that I can say.

I'm only sorry that I wasn't able to get a photo of the back of your vehicle with your license plate number so I could post it everywhere for people to see. It makes me want to bring back the days of public stockades and public shaming.

You shouldn't be allowed on the road behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

There is a very special place for these people. Very special. Very hot.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Sage

So ...no words...Yes, I wish you had gotten his/her license plate.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Eternal Member

This just breaks my heart ! What happened to some people that would make them so cruel ! Hope they rot in H--L !!
Old 06-10-2015, 12:42 PM

the sooner the better for everyone else around those people
Old 06-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Platinum member

Awwww, that's sad.😟 I truly hope that they did not see them and it was an accident. I can't imagine any human doing such a thing.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Veteran member

Cruelly inhumane.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

maybe someone that cant see very far , should give up the car. befor they kill someone.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Sage

I'm going to assume it was a very unfortunate accident. Nobody can be that heartless.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:57 PM
Veteran member

I for one am not willing to accept this as an unfortunate accident. The only way you could not see these ducks crossing the street is if you were distracted, say by talking on your cell phone or if you're the most incompetent driver in the world. In either case, you don't belong behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.

It's time we started taking names and numbers.

Yeah, I'm mad as hell. It's one thing when you leave your left turn golf cart tail light on for two miles and every car that passes you has to slow down because they have no idea what you're doing. It's another when you wipe out a family of innocent ducks trying to cross the road.

Damn, it's not like they were trying to cross I-75 with cars going 75 mph. It's a freakin' 30mph zone.

Slow down...watch what your doing. Give a damn about someone other than yourself.

Thank you for letting me vent. I'm done for now (maybe)....
Old 06-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
I for one am not willing to accept this as an unfortunate accident. The only way you could not see these ducks crossing the street is if you were distracted, say by talking on your cell phone or if you're the most incompetent driver in the world. In either case, you don't belong behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.

It's time we started taking names and numbers.

Yeah, I'm mad as hell. It's one thing when you leave your left turn golf cart tail light on for two miles and every car that passes you has to slow down because they have no idea what you're doing. It's another when you wipe out a family of innocent ducks trying to cross the road.

Damn, it's not like they were trying to cross I-75 with cars going 75 mph. It's a freakin' 30mph zone.

Slow down...watch what your doing. Give a damn about someone other than yourself.

Thank you for letting me vent. I'm done for now (maybe)....
That part of your post reminded me of a very special incident I was involved in several years ago. We were traveling across country to visit relatives in New England. We were on the beltway around Indianapolis to get on I-70 East when all lanes of traffic came to a halt. A family of ducks was walking across the road toward a pond on the other side. So, even if it is an interstate highway, people do stop for ducks crossing the road!
Old 06-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,961 Times in 2,469 Posts

I stopped on BV last week for duck in the left lane. Yes I agree how could you NOT see them! I slowed down well in advance blowing my horn ( The duck waddled up into the center grass) so people behind me had plenty notice. Only one A& blew his horn as he gunned it around me.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:50 PM

This is just terrible.Vent away!!
Old 06-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Awwww, that's sad.�� I truly hope that they did not see them and it was an accident. I can't imagine any human doing such a thing.

Humans are capable of doing the most heinous acts on earth. Watch the news and you'll realize that. Just today I saw where a couple starved their daughter to death and then tried to burn her body; still can't imagine any human doing such a thing? With my wife and I having a combined total of 59 years as a LEO, we've seen a lot and it's only been the tip of the iceberg.

If it was intentional with the person running over the ducks, Karma can be a really bad thing, and someday something will happen to them. If it was unintentional and they didn't see them, God help the rest of us.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:08 AM
Veteran member

Trust me on this there are many heartless people on the roads today. Some day they will get all that they deserve.
Closed Thread

Tags
road, back, vehicle, shame, spot, public, stockades, stop, shaming, slow, bothered, motor, wheel, allowed, days, people, makes, photo, post, plate, license, bring, number, literally, family

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.