Sharon Morse/No Consideration

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2020, 11:00 PM
Gold member
Default Sharon Morse/No Consideration

I assisted an elderly woman today at the Sharon Morse bldg.. she had forgotten her mask and she was rudely reminded that she could not enter the bldg. Not possible to provide a mask for her. Even Target will supply a mask to those in need. I later learned another individual received assistance from a passerby who tried to find a wheelchair for her only to learn none available. To make matters worse, the parking lot shuttle is no longer. Really sad to think of those living here in this portrayed picture perfect friendliest hometown and see them struggle while no consideration is shown or provided! The Villages ought to be Ashamed & Embarrassed by this!!!
Old 09-22-2020, 05:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,049 Times in 5,337 Posts

Never been there yet but given the age of the folks that live here they should be prepared to be doing better than that.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:37 AM
Veteran member

sharon morse is horrible to get into never any parking
Old 09-22-2020, 05:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
I assisted an elderly woman today at the Sharon Morse bldg.. she had forgotten her mask and she was rudely reminded that she could not enter the bldg. Not possible to provide a mask for her. Even Target will supply a mask to those in need. I later learned another individual received assistance from a passerby who tried to find a wheelchair for her only to learn none available. To make matters worse, the parking lot shuttle is no longer. Really sad to think of those living here in this portrayed picture perfect friendliest hometown and see them struggle while no consideration is shown or provided! The Villages ought to be Ashamed & Embarrassed by this!!!
I fully understand your compassion for this lady in need. Un fortunately, she did not come prepared. If you have an appointment at ANY medical facility in TV you HAVE to be wearing a mask or you do not get in. I got thrown out of the bagel shop because I had left my mask in the car and walked in without thinking. Right now the mask is our only protection. We have extras in the car and extras at home.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-22-2020, 06:08 AM

The mask of deception.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Never been there yet but given the age of the folks that live here they should be prepared to be doing better than that.
Sharon Morse Building has nothing to do with one's age, it is the facility where all the diagnostic testing and doctors offices are located.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-22-2020, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

There is no way to social distance in the parking lot shuttle.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
At sometime one must take responsibility for their own actions. Sharon Morse Medical is just a name on building Medical Offices are leased it’s not The Villages response-ability to be a nanny state for everyone. Masks have been required in medical facilities since March.
If elderly want to grow old WEAR A MASK!
Old 09-22-2020, 08:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I fully understand your compassion for this lady in need. Un fortunately, she did not come prepared. If you have an appointment at ANY medical facility in TV you HAVE to be wearing a mask or you do not get in. I got thrown out of the bagel shop because I had left my mask in the car and walked in without thinking. Right now the mask is our only protection. We have extras in the car and extras at home.
Nope. I went to the bagel shop and entered behind a senior lady who forgot her mask. The shop gave her one. Went for an appointment with Villages Health. No mask? They give you one. Whoever coordinates access to Sharon Morse should know better. Cheap.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:35 AM
Location: Native to West Palm Beach, FL I am renting current home, yet to decide if TV will be next move.

Quote:
...The Villages ought to be Ashamed & Embarrassed by this!!!
I disagree….

COVID-19, social distancing and proper mask usage in public places has been in the news for months!

It IS NOT “The Villages” responsibility to provide masks for people who are to lazy to comply.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Nope. I went to the bagel shop and entered behind a senior lady who forgot her mask. The shop gave her one. Went for an appointment with Villages Health. No mask? They give you one. Whoever coordinates access to Sharon Morse should know better. Cheap.
It is The Villages Commercial Property Management.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:20 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
I agree with you and the OP. Spot on in my opinion. Any medical facility should be equipped to supply a mask when anyone (of any age) forgets his/her mask.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:46 AM
Platinum member
Default Not Everything Is At It Seems

Understand, do not take out frustrations on people working the front desk (anywhere). Perhaps she seemed short because she had just dealt with someone coming in that was rude. It happens. These people only work there and do the job as they are instructed which should not include verbal abuse towards them.

When there are not enough volunteers to do the shuttles, then they can't run. They have not been able to get enough drivers. The hospital does not share their shuttle for the Morse Bldg. There used to be 5 wheelchairs available at one time, now there are 2 as, apparently, 3 have disappeared. There was none available at the time the lady needed one because the two were already in use.

The wearing of masks is new to so many and it could be that the lady who forgot hers is not out that often and had too many other things on her mind or perhaps a bit of dementia? Compassion works for everyone, not just a select few. Let's all try harder to be more understanding and less judgemental. I have to remind myself all the time. I have developed the habit of having an extra new (still in the sealed packet) mask in my purse in case I encounter someone in need of one for whatever reason.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 09-22-2020, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Maybe this nice old lady is protesting wearing a mask and since most stores will let her in without a mask she assumed they would let her in. The Villages is not assisted living, there are facilities here if you need that, when personal responsibility goes away, blame the Developer. I keep a pack of disposable masks in the car and golf cart. How did she get to the building? Assume she drove.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-22-2020, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Glad to hear that you cared enough to help an elderly lady

we've walked up to the door of a retail store a few times and realized one of us had forgotten their mask and returned to the car to fetch it...no big deal It takes 21 days of consistently doing the same thing to create the simplest of new habits....many of us aren't putting ourselves in situations 21 days in a row requiring a mask

Doctor's offices had a lot of masks and rubber gloves stolen when this pandemic first hit...yes here in TV...so they're not about to give them away now

Good to know that Target will give you a mask....thanks for sharing that
Closed Thread

Tags
mask, sharon, bldg, consideration, living

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.