Taxi service for six within the villages.

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2015, 09:16 AM
Sage
Default Taxi service for six within the villages.

Before I begin to randomly call companies from the 'Yellow Pages', I figured I may find some pointers on TOTV. I am looking for a taxi service (I think).

Six of us have a special occasion coming up. We are getting together at someones home in the Village of Amelia for a ceremony and reception.

After the reception we are headed to Lopez CC for dinner. There will be adult beverages at the reception and none of us wish to be the designated driver.

We need a ride to Lopez and the a second ride back to Amelia after dinner.

I was hoping to find a less costly alternative to a limo (where they drop us off Lopez and wait).

Anyone ever do this and have a suggestion of who to call?

Thanks
Old 02-16-2015, 09:22 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Before I begin to randomly call companies from the 'Yellow Pages', I figured I may find some pointers on TOTV. I am looking for a taxi service (I think).

Six of us have a special occasion coming up. We are getting together at someones home in the Village of Amelia for a ceremony and reception.

After the reception we are headed to Lopez CC for dinner. There will be adult beverages at the reception and none of us wish to be the designated driver.

I was hoping to find a less costly alternative to a limo (where they drop us off Lopez and wait).

Thanks
the villages airport van and taxi
Old 02-16-2015, 02:04 PM
Sage
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
the villages airport van and taxi
I assume you referring the shuttle from Sumter? There is a Villages airport van, but cannot find any info about a taxi service by them. If I have assumed incorrectly please correct me

I use the service from Sumter to Orlando airport often. I did not know they did a local taxi service. Shows how much I pay attention .... Certainly no complaints about the airport service.

Will check on pricing.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:

Thanks
Check this out.Taxi service.

Taxi Service | The Villages Transportation
Old 02-16-2015, 05:16 PM

You're planning a special event? Spring for a limo. Life's too short to fool around with saving a buck or two. You'll be glad you did.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I assume you referring the shuttle from Sumter? There is a Villages airport van, but cannot find any info about a taxi service by them. If I have assumed incorrectly please correct me

I use the service from Sumter to Orlando airport often. I did not know they did a local taxi service. Shows how much I pay attention .... Certainly no complaints about the airport service.

Will check on pricing.

Thanks!
they recently added taxi service...though I am not sure of the particulars.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:54 AM

Check with Nancy Lopez restaurant, they sometimes make special arrangements for their guests for special occasions.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:42 AM

Hi, Try these people Village Taxi/Airport Van 352-241-2000. I have used them for taxi service and have been pleased with them.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:21 AM
Platinum member

I agree with the other postes. The Villages Airport Taxi and Van. I have used them several times for tranporation between the house and station in LSL. If you have 6 people, you might end up with two vans. It is certainly worth the phone call to find out.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:03 PM
Sage
Default A-1 Taxi?

Thanks all, I have checked with three places. One more question.

Anyone use A-1 taxi for a short ride like this?
Old 02-26-2015, 09:17 PM
Sage

Quote:

Thanks
My neighbor has a pickup. He might haul all of you in the back.

Last edited by DougB; 02-27-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:05 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

A-1 Taxi has been very good the two times I've had need of service. Once was an emergency situation when car battery died. The other was scheduled. They came on time and the vehicle was clean.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-27-2015, 07:41 AM
Sage
Default Thanks for the feed back

The night has passed. We used The Villages Transportation service (same company as a shuttle to MCO from Sumter).

Good service, van early, waited for us to get ready. It was a wonderful night.

What I learned?

A-1 Taxi, would have been the lowest cost for a trip like ours ($3.50 pickup plus $2/mile). About $8 cheaper than what we used, same price no matter how many in car. The issue with A-1 is that they could only take 5.

Villages transportation, $32 each way for our specific trip. $6 each for first 2, $5 each for rest

Villages Shuttle, $40 each way for our specific trip. I did not ask how they got to that number.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:59 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to pens 1966

Quote:

Call 484 515 7118 for info
Old 02-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:

YES! We got stranded when coming back from a cruise. The bus left us at their designated stop quite late in the evening and the only taxi service that came out was A-1. We had a young man who came to pick us up and took two couples to various areas of the villages, but I cannot remember how much. I think it was pretty reasonable, but we were in a bind and the cost did not enter our heads at the time.

I think they are trying to get their business established in TV, but they have tough competition with the other two services.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.