Shooting at Applebee's in Lady Lake this morning. (Tuesday).

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2023, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Lots of places. The man who killed Trayvon Martin for instance--George Zimmerman. The police who took down George Floyd which happened in Minneapolis. Instances where a lynch mob mentality creeps in and which throws caution and compassion to the wind.

Shoot first and ask questions later.
Good post, good answer!
Old 03-12-2023, 11:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
You are good at taking things out-of-context. The important point is making life changing decisions on very little evidence. I never said all cops are well- trained and act thoughtfully.

And we have very different takes on Treyvon Martin and his killer George Zimmerman.
Good post, good answer!
Old 03-12-2023, 11:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
Let me guess, you think Kyle Rittenhouse is a killer also.

Believe me, if criminals start getting blasted by folks defending themselves who live in TV word will get out quickly, suspects prey on the weak.

Florida’s stand-your-ground law should be a model for other states.
Sounds like a lot of posters like the idea of the "wild west" coming to Florida and Bubble-Head-Land. And they SON'T seem to like the idea of having a GREATER Police presence. Sound like they are in favor of "do-it-yourself" Policing. I see this as a STRANGE dichotomy where factors are going in opposite directions.
........What I DO know is that just this morning I was talking with several people that were thinking about relocating here from up North. But, SADLY, this very incident about the Applebee's shooting has convinced them to NOT move to Florida. Between the lack of facts released ( they suspect a COVER-UP) about the Applebee's incident and the recent (almost daily) stories of shootings in Orlando, they intend to PASS on Florida. I suggested the Research Triangle in North Carolina or one of the Carolinas near a University.
........I could NOT in good conscience recommend The Villages or ANYWHERE in Florida. And besides Crime, there is another factor that they were NOT aware of (until I told them) - the summers are BRUTAL hot and outside activities are nearly impossible. Also, the predictions are for MORE heat for the whole earth for, at least, the next 8 years. I was a Boy Scout so I could never lie to them - maybe the Chamber of Commerce and Real Estate Agents can and will.
........They mentioned that the Applebees shooting could attract a nationwide audience because of the Racist possible component and the Police possible cover-up. It is possible that Al Sharpton has been made aware of this situation. And as of now, the DEAD black man's family can NOT afford a lawyer.

Last edited by jimjamuser; 03-12-2023 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-12-2023, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,355 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Sounds like a lot of posters like the idea of the "wild west" coming to Florida and Bubble-Head-Land. And they SON'T seem to like the idea of having a GREATER Police presence. Sound like they are in favor of "do-it-yourself" Policing. I see this as a STRANGE dichotomy where factors are going in opposite directions.
........What I DO know is that just this morning I was talking with several people that were thinking about relocating here from up North. But, SADLY, this very incident about the Applebee's shooting has convinced them to NOT move to Florida. Between the lack of facts released ( they suspect a COVER-UP) about the Applebee's incident and the recent (almost daily) stories of shootings in Orlando, they intend to PASS on Florida. I suggested the Research Triangle in North Carolina or one of the Carolinas near a University.
........I could NOT in good conscience recommend The Villages or ANYWHERE in Florida. And besides Crime, there is another factor that they were NOT aware of (until I told them) - the summers are BRUTAL hot and outside activities are nearly impossible. Also, the predictions are for MORE heat for the whole earth for, at least, the next 8 years. I was a Boy Scout so I could never lie to them - maybe the Chamber of Commerce and Real Estate Agents can and will.
........They mentioned that the Applebees shooting could attract a nationwide audience because of the Raciest possible component and the Police possible cover-up. It is possible that Al Sharpton has been made aware of this situation. And as of now, the DEAD black man's family can NOT afford a lawyer.
As far as I know wrongful death cases are often taken on a pay it if you win basis.

And the Lady Lake PD seem to be doing things right and not letting the media control the investigation. They should do it by-the-book to counter rabble rousers like Al Sharpton and Tucker Carlson.
Old 03-12-2023, 11:52 AM
Sage

And the Wild West towns often required you to give up your guns while in town. Probably because a lot of boozing and whoring were involved.
Old 03-12-2023, 11:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
And the Wild West towns often required you to give up your guns while in town. Probably because a lot of boozing and whoring were involved.
Are you implying that those are bad things?
Old 03-12-2023, 01:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
Are you implying that those are bad things?
They are when men fight over women while all are drunk.
Old 03-12-2023, 01:07 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,774 Times in 764 Posts

Quote:
Good post, good answer!
Ditto ! A NICE change of pace from some posts one sees on here !
Old 03-12-2023, 01:20 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,774 Times in 764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Where does this "wanna-be John Wayne like approach" exist? Other than in your imagination?
I was really interested in that also; "the J. W. wanna-be" thing, but the examples seem to all be far from the villages, and actually, are still open to interpretation. Remember the young man in the midwest, can't remember all details, but took a (lawfully owned) rifle to a gathering protest, ended up as THE #1 example of a terrorist, on every network day and night (Kyle Rittenhouse I believe was the name), a "horrible" example of our youth, and then, drip, drip, drip... the rest of the story turns out completely opposite of the nightly "news". Hopefully, a thoughtful and knowledgeable person, will (UN-emotionally) post the examples of the J.W. wanna-be actual incidents IN the Villages, and how they turned out ?
Old 03-12-2023, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,358 Times in 4,350 Posts

Quote:
Let us get back to this week or so. How was this shooter in Lady Lake defending himself? There are not enough facts available to say one or another. And he looks trigger happy acting very quickly without actually knowing what was going on unless there are other facts.
You start by saying "there are not enough facts to say one way or another"...

Agreed!

Then... You have to go and ruin it by saying "And he looks trigger happy acting very quickly without actually knowing what was going on unless there are other facts."

So which is it?

I understand that you desperately want the latter to be so, but you can't have it both ways...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-12-2023, 01:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The signs are not enforceable anyway.
Worse that can happen is you being charged with "trespassing"...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-12-2023, 01:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycereal View Post
The Villages Florida
He didn't know how to swim...

I'll bet he learned right quick!

-Tom Petty
Old 03-12-2023, 01:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
I was really interested in that also; "the J. W. wanna-be" thing, but the examples seem to all be far from the villages, and actually, are still open to interpretation. Remember the young man in the midwest, can't remember all details, but took a (lawfully owned) rifle to a gathering protest, ended up as THE #1 example of a terrorist, on every network day and night (Kyle Rittenhouse I believe was the name), a "horrible" example of our youth, and then, drip, drip, drip... the rest of the story turns out completely opposite of the nightly "news". Hopefully, a thoughtful and knowledgeable person, will (UN-emotionally) post the examples of the J.W. wanna-be actual incidents IN the Villages, and how they turned out ?
The criminal trial went the right way in the Rittenhouse case. He was acting in self-defense.

What happens with the Applebee's shooting will probably be of interest to the same groups who got involved with the Rittenhouse shootings. Still not enough information to make a wise judgement on anyone's part in the Lady Lake death.
Old 03-12-2023, 02:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
........They mentioned that the Applebees shooting could attract a nationwide audience because of the Racist possible component and the Police possible cover-up. It is possible that Al Sharpton has been made aware of this situation. And as of now, the DEAD black man's family can NOT afford a lawyer.
Wut? "Racist possible component"? "Police cover-up"? Care to cite ANY proof to those assertions?

And only you could turn a shooting @ Applebees into a Global Warming threat...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-12-2023, 02:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
There was no "Wild West".

It was the fantasy of Dime Store Novelists and Hollywood...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
involved, shooting, facts, carry, concealed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.