Shooting at Applebee's in Lady Lake this morning. (Tuesday).

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2023, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I lived in AZ and was washing my clothes in a commercial laundry and some ugly-looking clown came in to do his wash and he was PACKING HEAT outside his clothing. That was commonplace for years now. What more can I say - that IS the way Florida is going. And the majority of Floridians SURVEYED said NO WAY JOSE !!!!
......It is going to be a real SNIT SHOW......coming to an area near you. And those in the surrounding areas to The Villages will be CARRYING SERIOUS HEAT. Just be forewarned!
Just because you keep repeating false information does not make it true...

Not a single politician is suggesting, promoting, trying to pass a bill, or any type of legislation allowing "OPEN CARRY"...

It is NOT the way FL is going... No ifs, ands or buts about it...

And as far as your irrelevant story about AZ goes...

The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 03-20-2023, 06:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
I believe Florida was one of the first states that allowed for state citizens to carry concealed after passing a background check and successfully completing a licensing test. All the doom sayers were predicting death, destruction, mayhem and Hollywood type gunfights in the streets. Never happened.

In Tennessee open carry was approved with a carry license and again predictions of death and disaster. Never happened. Recently Tennessee passed into law that a citizen that who wasn't prohibited from possessing a firearm could carry without a permit. Again it was predicted that death and mayhem would follow. Hasn't happened yet.

In every state that passed laws for concealed carry have had the same Chicken Littles screaming about death and disaster resulting from the law. Hasn't happened.
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 03-20-2023, 06:54 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default No Arrest

Since there hasn’t been an arrest, assume the best. A good guy with a gun saved many from harm.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 03-20-2023, 06:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Since there hasn’t been an arrest, assume the best. A good guy with a gun saved many from harm.
As of now (unless new information is released to the contrary), that is a reasonable assumption...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-20-2023, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
I won't assume anything. The last information I could find was dated March 10, and as of that date, police hadn't even mentioned if Hudson was armed.

If he was UNarmed, then the "good guy with a gun" didn't save anything at all, and ended someone else's life.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Yes, because forcine one's way into a building and shooting a gun (into the ceiling, or otherwise) is most certainly the the correct way to ensure other's safety...

You were "soooo close"...

You show up angry, shooting a weapon, you're a threat, regardless of the initial target...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I won't assume anything. The last information I could find was dated March 10, and as of that date, police hadn't even mentioned if Hudson was armed.

If he was UNarmed, then the "good guy with a gun" didn't save anything at all, and ended someone else's life.
We have very little information still.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
We have very little information still.
I know it can be confusing, but I was commenting on someone else's post about a "what if" scenario...

You know, like "if" they just forced their way in to have some pie...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-21-2023, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Murders are up nationwide for the last 3 years. The Villages is a bunch of rich older people SURROUNDED by neighborhoods of angry, JEALOUS have-NOTS. It IS INEVITABLE that there will be increasing crimes and clashes between these 2 groups. I am simply trying to warn older citizens that it is LIKELY that crime increases in the next several years here in OUR Bubble.
........Nationwide, murders are up in the last 3 years. Another problem is that the US has LOST its middle-class which can act as a socially stabilizing force to LOWER violence. Also, nationwide and in Florida Public schools have teachers quitting in DROVES - FORETELLING another removal of a stabilizing social FORCE.
.........I was just down to Rural King and the table where ammo is kept was almost empty. 10 years ago that same table would have been full. There are signs of social instability and potential crime ALL around.
......The Villages is VERY POTENTIALLY vulnerable to violence. It is just a matter of time. I say, better to have a fairly large Police presence and NEVER need them than have a small Police presence that does NOT deter crime in the 1st place.
Better to be prepared with a concealed carry weapon than to wait for a police officer to arrive much later to take a report. Like the saying goes, the police are only minutes away when seconds count. Or something like that. Almost a million crimes are deterred in the U.S. by good armed citizens with a gun, every year.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
I lived in AZ and was washing my clothes in a commercial laundry and some ugly-looking clown came in to do his wash and he was PACKING HEAT outside his clothing. That was commonplace for years now. What more can I say - that IS the way Florida is going. And the majority of Floridians SURVEYED said NO WAY JOSE !!!!
......It is going to be a real SNIT SHOW......coming to an area near you. And those in the surrounding areas to The Villages will be CARRYING SERIOUS HEAT. Just be forewarned!
Hmmm, "ugly-looking clown?" If it was a clown (an ugly one) how did you know he was not sporting ("packing") a water gun (aka squirt gun)? If this person was a good looking lady or handsome guy, would it have bothered you as much that "they-he or she" was "packing?"
Old 03-22-2023, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Just because you keep repeating false information does not make it true...

Not a single politician is suggesting, promoting, trying to pass a bill, or any type of legislation allowing "OPEN CARRY"...

It is NOT the way FL is going... No ifs, ands or buts about it...

Things change.

From ‘Open carry’ is now on the table as permitless carry bill goes to the House floor
But Tuesday, Hillsborough County Republican Mike Beltran filed an amendment to the proposal in the House (HB 543) that calls for allowing open carry in Florida.
The measure has cleared all of its committees in both the House and Senate – and will go before the full House later this week – with the open carry amendment attached to it.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-22-2023, 09:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Things change.

From ‘Open carry’ is now on the table as permitless carry bill goes to the House floor
But Tuesday, Hillsborough County Republican Mike Beltran filed an amendment to the proposal in the House (HB 543) that calls for allowing open carry in Florida.
The measure has cleared all of its committees in both the House and Senate – and will go before the full House later this week – with the open carry amendment attached to it.
Get back to me when it passes...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-23-2023, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Things change.

... and change daily:
The amendment showed up Tuesday afternoon, when Hillsborough County Republican Mike Beltran filed the open carry amendment, electrifying gun rights advocates who have been pushing for more than a month for ‘open carry’ to be included in the permitless carry bill.
But Beltran withdrew the amendment shortly after 1 p.m. on Wednesday.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-23-2023, 02:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
... and change daily:
The amendment showed up Tuesday afternoon, when Hillsborough County Republican Mike Beltran filed the open carry amendment, electrifying gun rights advocates who have been pushing for more than a month for ‘open carry’ to be included in the permitless carry bill.
But Beltran withdrew the amendment shortly after 1 p.m. on Wednesday.
Thanks for keeping us updated on that bill's progress (or, in this case, lack of progress)...

Personally, I'm not a fan of "open carry"...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-28-2023, 06:54 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

New information has been released.

Go look at the on-line police scanner news site.

Old 03-28-2023, 07:36 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
New information has been released.

Go look at the on-line police scanner news site.

This link provides more information.

Police: Man fired shots into the air outside prior to deadly shooting inside The Villages Applebee’s
Closed Thread

Tags
involved, shooting, facts, carry, concealed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.