Shoppers beware

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Default Shoppers beware

A word of warning about Winn Dixie. Please check your receipts carefully, I have been there twice this week and bought items that were BOGO. When I got home and checked my receipt, I didn't get the full amount of the BOGO. The first item they owed me $7.00 and the next time it was $2.00. This was on the same item, just different days. With Winn Dixie you can't see the discount like at Publix's until after everything is rung up. Their policy for missed priced items is to give you the difference, if you catch it, not like Publix's were the item becomes free.
With Winn Dixie having financial difficulties, maybe this is a way for them to make more profit.
Winn Dixie is convenient for me, but with their attitude and miss pricing, I will drive the extra 10 minutes and shop at Publix's.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp000 View Post
A word of warning about Winn Dixie. Please check your receipts carefully, I have been there twice this week and bought items that were BOGO. When I got home and checked my receipt, I didn't get the full amount of the BOGO. The first item they owed me $7.00 and the next time it was $2.00. This was on the same item, just different days. With Winn Dixie you can't see the discount like at Publix's until after everything is rung up. Their policy for missed priced items is to give you the difference, if you catch it, not like Publix's were the item becomes free.

With Winn Dixie having financial difficulties, maybe this is a way for them to make more profit.

Winn Dixie is convenient for me, but with their attitude and miss pricing, I will drive the extra 10 minutes and shop at Publix's.

I shop at Winn Dixie several times per week. Thanks for the heads up. I check the register slip; so far no issues.

By the way, why do you say they are having financial troubles? They are now owned by SE Grocers and I don't believe that is an issue like it was in 2010.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Gold member

Did you give them your rewards card number?
Old 06-01-2017, 01:24 PM

Which Win Dixie? Sp Sprgs? Lk Sumter? Pinellas?
Old 06-02-2017, 06:23 AM

You must read the fine print...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Veteran member

WD is still struggling. They just announced new store closures (none here) two weeks ago.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
Did you give them your rewards card number?
Bingo.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:36 AM

yes I gave them my rewards number.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:37 AM

Lake Sumter Store
Old 06-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Veteran member

I was at the Lake Sumter store this morning and had no issues with BOGO. I watched the screen as the items were scanned and when it totaled, it took off the second item (I didn't need to see the receipt although I validated it on the receipt as well). Could it be that your rewards card didn't scan properly? Sometimes the magnetic stripe can be compromised. Of course, if you have used it since with no problem, then it could be that they removed the BOGO from the computer but not from the shelf.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I check my receipts from both WD and Publix and have discovered only one at Publix had a mistake resulting in overcharge.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I always check my receipts. Aldi is about the one and only store that hardly ever makes a mistake. The rest of them could take a lesson or two from Aldi...Peace out!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
winn, dixie, publixs, item, bogo

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.