Should I avoid some Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2024, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowing Horizon View Post
The gas leaf blowers are over-used & far too loud too. The crews always seem to have one guy who rides the mower & another who leaf blows & a third who runs the weed wacker the entire time they are here. The lawn mower sets the pace since they all finish whenever lawn mower guy is done. What if the lawn takes 15 minutes but the blower & wacker really only need to work for 5 minutes each. They seem compelled to keep doing it rather than being a slacker IMO.
In my opinion, they all need to use rechargeable batteries for quiet and to save the people and animal species of the planet.
Old 05-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
I often have no fracking idea what he's talking about!
It is a good thing that there are NO rules about insulting other members of this fine community. Rules would limit our so VERY intelligent conversations.
Old 05-11-2024, 06:42 PM

IMO battery technology is not a realistic substitute yet. Rechargeable batteries do not last long enough, take too long to recharge & don’t supply consistent power. While visiting Dallas, the Tesla charging station by NW Highway was constantly surrounded by angry young people who couldn’t even get into the charging lot while they awaited access to a port. Not enjoyable to regularly encounter. My friend drove her Tesla from TV to LV. Took her 4 days including several multiple hours-long charging stops while she was stuck in her car while waiting. No thanks.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
It is a good thing that there are NO rules about insulting other members of this fine community. Rules would limit our so VERY intelligent conversations.
If ‘insult’ is another word for fact checking outrageous and inaccurate posts, like ‘the State of Maine is flat’ or ‘Astro turf is safer than grass’ kinda intelligent conversations .....I for one accept any punishment that comes my way
Closed Thread

Tags
areas, places, nice, avoid, concerned

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.