Should I drop a dime?

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2016, 07:30 AM
Sage

No, do not call Community Watch, they do not have responsibility for this. Call Community Standards at 352-751-3912.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daca55 View Post
Yes I would definitely drop a dime on them. Call Community Watch. You do not have to give your name. We all bought in The Villages because we liked the way it looked and the way it was taken of. We don't ever want to lose that. Also there are probably rules that prevent someone from doing what they are doing. Community Watch should be able to help you. Good luck!!
Old 07-25-2016, 07:37 AM
Sage

The dime has been dropped, the trailer is in violation
Old 07-25-2016, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

We have seen in just a few years, the lack of some controls and the eyesore items that seem to be increasing in numbers. Have you noticed that there are multitudes of persons driving around in Villages cars and trucks, looking but are they really seeing?
All of this is visible and it does impact the quality of neighborhoods for sure. Let us not make it head downhill. If one person gets away with a violation, then the next person that wants to do the same can do it because he or she can say, well they did it for months and now you are picking on me. In court, they will win the right to violate the rules, who is enforcing the rules?
Let us all pull together to keep our nice areas nice. bbbbbb
Old 07-25-2016, 08:33 AM
Sage

A couple of issues. The Villages is "complaint driven" - there is nobody driving around looking for violations.

Secondly, I doubt the the argument "you are picking on me after months of time" will work around here. I have seen that work in our previous community with a weak Board but I don't think that will fly around here.

The rules are enforced by Community Standards.

Some CDDs have rules against "yard art". As long as it is not tacky I think you need to let that go in the interest of maintaining good relationships with your neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
We have seen in just a few years, the lack of some controls and the eyesore items that seem to be increasing in numbers. Have you noticed that there are multitudes of persons driving around in Villages cars and trucks, looking but are they really seeing?
All of this is visible and it does impact the quality of neighborhoods for sure. Let us not make it head downhill. If one person gets away with a violation, then the next person that wants to do the same can do it because he or she can say, well they did it for months and now you are picking on me. In court, they will win the right to violate the rules, who is enforcing the rules?
Old 07-25-2016, 08:43 AM

It would be so nice if people took pride in their homes. What happen to trimming your shrubs and weeding your yard? In my area there is no rule about the height of shrubs. It has changed since we first moved here.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
There is a home owner who rents a house on my street.

He has a huge olive drab tailer with a tarp over it & he has "FOR SALE" signs on the tarp/

And, he has a blatant re "For Rent " sign in the front window of his property.

It is the tackiest thing I have ever seen in the villages & I believe its against community standards.
Remember the movie Cool Hand Luke? What we have here is a lack of communication. Well, we pay for services, have you noticed all the Village persons cruising around, burning gas, if we see the infractions, then why do the paid employees not see the problems when it is their job to patrol?????
Old 07-25-2016, 09:45 AM

Drop the dime! These others that are making fun of your question are bozos. A trailer with a tarp and a 4 sale sign - give me a break! That's the kind of thing that makes the place look junky! What's next dryers in the yard, old cars on blocks? Paleeze, spare me and the rest of us. Forget the pitch forks and the tar and feathers, oh and the rail...🙄 And those silly comments and do what's right for our community! Good luck - no need to get mad just call the Villages office. Thanks
Old 07-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Default Don't look now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
There is a home owner who rents a house on my street.

He has a huge olive drab tailer with a tarp over it & he has "FOR SALE" signs on the tarp/

And, he has a blatant re "For Rent " sign in the front window of his property.

It is the tackiest thing I have ever seen in the villages & I believe its against community standards.
Don't look now, but i think you just did drop your dime/
Old 07-25-2016, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Remember the movie Cool Hand Luke? What we have here is a lack of communication. Well, we pay for services, have you noticed all the Village persons cruising around, burning gas, if we see the infractions, then why do the paid employees not see the problems when it is their job to patrol?????
Because its not their job.

Concerns about possible deed restriction violations may be provided to the Community Standards Deed Compliance Division by phone, fax, mail, electronic mail, or in person and may be made anonymously. The Community Standards Deed Compliance Division is entirely complaint driven.

You can read all about it at Village Community Development Districts
Old 07-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Cant wait to put up my plastic pink flamingos. No way could they be a Deed Restriction
Old 07-25-2016, 12:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Cant wait to put up my plastic pink flamingos. No way could they be a Deed Restriction

As long as you pick up their pink poop, it's all good.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Veteran member
Default Tidy yards and extra stuff parking

Hi, when we inquired about those items, at the Sales Office on two occasions, it was firmly clarified that these infractions would not fly! Very firm controls right? No. However, they do fly, this is after the sale, before the sale the rules were different. Seen it before, sad to see it again.
While shopping for a house, on 2 homes by owners for sale, they do clarify that trying to get something done in the tidy end of things is a bit difficult. So be it.
Please do not pass this off that it is no ones job to take the initiative. If management takes care of this, then it is done properly, if the local residents take the initiative, then the eggs can fly and the major eruptions happen and people move. Sorry to say, this is factual. Have seen it here and elsewhere.
bbbbbb.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:39 PM

Why not talk to them first ?
If they are renting maybe they do not know the restrictions.
I believe most people would like a heads up before someone drops a " dime on them ".

Dropping a dime without talking with them first is in my opinion taking a cowards way of dealing with a difficult issue or concern.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:31 PM
Sage

They're landlords--they really don't live here-they're waiting on another renter or two--too cheap to spend storage on their POS trailer--its really a piece of junk
Old 07-25-2016, 01:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Have you noticed that there are multitudes of persons driving around in Villages cars and trucks, looking but are they really seeing?
Are you referring to Community Watch personnel?
If so, it's not their responsibility to report infractions.
That's a resident complaint-driven process.
If it doesn't bother anyone in the neighborhood, then it's probably visually acceptable to the local community.
Closed Thread

Tags
tarp, property, window, front, rent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.