Should I post the photo of the cart?

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,182 Times in 835 Posts
Default Should I post the photo of the cart?

DW says, "Come look at this. What is he doing?" There is a golf cart with two people parked near the restroom between the 5th green and the 6th tee of Virginia course. And they have no golf clubs on the cart. After watching for maybe 30 seconds the cart heads toward the gold tee box, up over the tee area and onto the grass to the east of the tees. He stops there for a minute or so and I go to get the camera hoping my long distance enlargement might capture a detail or two. As a group is putting on the 5th green he slowly retraces his path, up over the tee and onto the cart path then heads up the 6th fairway cart path. DW says she saw a small white dog with a man driving and woman as passenger who held the dog. Now I am not one to get angry at non-golfers driving on the cart paths, although they don't belong there. But this guy is driving on grass where no one should be driving and after today's heavy rains may be damaging the grass. Should I post the photo?
Old 08-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Sage

Go ask them what they are doing!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Sage

Looking for a place for the small white dog to do it's business?
Old 08-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Sage

Maybe take the photo to golf management. If there is damage, they might know who did it.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,182 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Go ask them what they are doing!
Two problems with your suggestion.
1. I am not supposed to be walking on the golf course any more than they are supposed to be carting on it.
2. There is a major impassible barrier between my location and the golf course.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

You're right, it's not your job to chase people down. It's the Ambassador's job. There is usually at least one or two on every nine at a championship. If you're by the Virginia Trace nine at Mallory and in your cart, you are probably on Buena Vista cart path and have that brown split rail fence between you and the course. I would head south and then parallel the course eastbound on O'Dell. If you see one of the ambassadors, wave him over. If not, you'll be at the starter shack in a couple of minutes and then let them know. That's about all you can do.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

what purpose does posting a picture of the offending cart serve other than to tattle on the offender? does anyone on totv have a need to know? why not simply alert the course personnel who are authorized to do something about such offenses?

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.