Side striping of the golf cart path

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2015, 06:19 AM
Veteran member
Default Side striping of the golf cart path

Some one please tell me why the side stripping of the golf cart paths have to be done. Thats an expence that is a waste of money.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,952 Times in 2,463 Posts

Funny, I read the other day it had been voted down?
Old 09-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

As long as residents or more likely representatives find a way to pay for something that is all that is needed to not follow the decisions made?

The consistency we have enjoyed these many years is now a neighborhood by neighborhood decision?

It was nice while it lasted these many, MANY years!
Old 09-04-2015, 09:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
Some one please tell me why the side stripping of the golf cart paths have to be done. Thats an expence that is a waste of money.
I believe the pro-striping folks are being telepathically manipulated by aliens who want to use the paths as runways for their space craft.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Talking Cdd 8

I read that CDD 8 had the courage to go ahead and vote it in for their District. Like it or not you have to give them credit for taking action on something they want and the Village's District Management did not want them to have. Actually if we are being clear we could say the people who live outside The Village's did not want them to have.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

Still my question is why is it needed. You cant see the side of the path? Come on people.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:49 AM

It would be nice if the folks spending our money surveyed the residents of their district first. Almost everyone i speak to feel it is a waste of money.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Sage

Isn't this a great opportunity for the rest of the villages to see if the number of accidents go down?

If it doesn't improve safety, which admittedly is hard to measure, close calls and all than maybe the rest of the districts could help chip in to defray the cost. That may set up a president. So the next time an idea comes along one district could try it out and the other districts would help defray the cost if it fails or add the same service if it doesn't.

This strikes me as an opportunity to try new ideas out.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:31 AM

This is a complete waste of our money to stripe the sides of the multi-modal paths in our district (CDD 8).

I am very much opposed to this. There are no proven benefits to doing this. There are no facts that back up this poor decision.

The issue of golf cart safety needs to be addressed through education and more communication.

If others feel the same; email your district 8 supervisors: 'dist8board@districtgov.org'; 'sal.torname@districtgov.org'; 'Victor.ray@districtgov.org'; 'dennis.hayes@districtgov.org'; 'Ray.banks@districtgov.org'; 'Joe.Elliott@districtgov.org'
Old 09-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I read that CDD 8 had the courage to go ahead and vote it in for their District. Like it or not you have to give them credit for taking action on something they want and the Village's District Management did not want them to have. Actually if we are being clear we could say the people who live outside The Village's did not want them to have.
Courage?
Old 09-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Isn't this a great opportunity for the rest of the villages to see if the number of accidents go down?

If it doesn't improve safety, which admittedly is hard to measure, close calls and all than maybe the rest of the districts could help chip in to defray the cost. That may set up a president. So the next time an idea comes along one district could try it out and the other districts would help defray the cost if it fails or add the same service if it doesn't.

This strikes me as an opportunity to try new ideas out.
Are there a lot of accidents now?
Old 09-04-2015, 12:07 PM

I live in District 8 and DO NOT want striping. I cant believe our "esteemed" supervisors voted for this after voting it down project wide. Unbelievable waste of OUR $$$$$!!!!!
Old 09-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Are there a lot of accidents now?
Who knows?
Old 09-04-2015, 12:44 PM

From what I've read on this issue, the cost is less than $1 a year per household so I don't know that it's that much of an issue. My opinion is if there is striping to be done at all, it makes a lot more sense to have it in the center rather than the sides.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:22 PM

very sad day when the people who live in district 8 have no say as to how our money is being spent.
where is this 1 mile of path that is so dangerous located?
complete waste of money
Closed Thread

Tags
side, cart, golf, stripping, expence, waste, money, path, paths

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.