Sink Holes

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2017, 09:16 PM
Default Sink Holes

Hi, not sure if anyone can help me, but are there lots of sink holes in TV?? The news says that they are on the rise there and when we saw the map, TV was in the worst part for sink holes? We are scared to move there????
Old 07-29-2017, 09:57 PM
Platinum member
Talking Misplaced priorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
Hi, not sure if anyone can help me, but are there lots of sink holes in TV?? The news says that they are on the rise there and when we saw the map, TV was in the worst part for sink holes? We are scared to move there????
Seffner is in the heart of Florida's so-called Sinkhole Alley, which is comprised of the counties of Pasco, Hernando and Hillsborough in the west central area of the state, close to Tampa, which accounted for more than two-thirds of sinkhole claims reported to Office of Insurance Regulation between 2006 and 2010.

Now, tell me, why are you concerned about sinkholes while contemplating a move to the lightning capitol of the United States?
Old 07-29-2017, 10:06 PM

Carl, Those sink holes look scary....I would be nervous if it happened around my house or driveway....You guys get lots of lightning? I didn't realize that either...wow.... I need to do more research....thanks Carl
Old 07-29-2017, 10:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Carl, Those sink holes look scary....I would be nervous if it happened around my house or driveway....You guys get lots of lightning? I didn't realize that either...wow.... I need to do more research....thanks Carl

Yes, do some research at your local library.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2017, 10:10 PM

Thank You Carl!
Old 07-29-2017, 10:10 PM
Platinum member
Cool Appointment in Samarra.

Quote:
Wow, I'm just asking a question.....Its been on the news where I live that TV are having problems with sink holes and people under 55 getting in trouble, your supposed to be the friendliest place around..... not very nice....
I wasn't joking. More homes have been destroyed in The Villages, and more lives lost, by lightning strikes than by sinkholes.

When it comes to when your life will end, God is in charge.

"The Appointment in Samarra"
(as retold by W. Somerset Maugham [1933])

There was a merchant in Bagdad who sent his servant to market to buy provisions and in a little while the servant came back, white and trembling, and said, Master, just now when I was in the marketplace I was jostled by a woman in the crowd and when I turned I saw it was Death that jostled me.

She looked at me and made a threatening gesture, now, lend me your horse, and I will ride away from this city and avoid my fate. I will go to Samarra and there Death will not find me. The merchant lent him his horse, and the servant mounted it, and he dug his spurs in its flanks and as fast as the horse could gallop he went.

Then the merchant went down to the marketplace and he saw Death standing in the crowd and he came to Death and said, Why did you make a threatening gesture to my servant when you saw him this morning?

That was not a threatening gesture, Death said, it was only a start of surprise. I was astonished to see him in Bagdad, for I had an appointment with him tonight in Samarra.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:19 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
The Villages lies within Lightning Alley which is a belt between Tampa and Orlando in central Florida that receives the third or fourth largest number of lightning strikes per unit area in the world. The Congo is number one. World Lightning Strikes Map

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 07-29-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:34 PM
Platinum member
Talking Oh, the horror of it all.

Man, O' Man.

Sharks in the water; sinkholes in the ground; lightning in the air.

How have I lasted so long in Florida?
Old 07-29-2017, 10:42 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Don't forget tuesday and thursday are alligator days south of 466. Wednesday and saturday north of 466
Old 07-29-2017, 10:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
Man, O' Man.

Sharks in the water; sinkholes in the ground; lightning in the air.

How have I lasted so long in Florida?

Last Tango in Tampa ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2017, 06:36 AM
Sage

I'd take my chances living in Central Florida someday rather than spend my golden years brushing snow and scraping ice off my car and watching out for patches of ice when I walk.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I'd take my chances living in Central Florida someday rather than spend my golden years brushing snow and scraping ice off my car and watching out for patches of ice when I walk.

Me too!!!
Old 07-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

If you are afraid to move, not sure moving anywhere would be good for you. Many of us have lived here in many different villages for many years and have not had a sink hole in our yard, maybe our village but sinkhole happen in any state. We had a sinkhole open up in Michigan that took 4 houses and unsafe for more. It will be years before it is fixed. So if you worry about things that may happen to you i would wait to move
Old 07-30-2017, 09:04 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

And the lack of turn signals down here, very scary.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:19 PM
Sage

And, navigating the roundabouts, also.
Closed Thread

Tags
holes, sink, rise, scared, move

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.