Sinkhole concerns

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2013, 06:20 PM

I reside in Ga. at the present time. Just like all the activities in TV as I am sure all of you that have made the move do as well.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpirate View Post
I reside in Ga. at the present time. Just like all the activities in TV as I am sure all of you that have made the move do as well.
We lived in Woodstock, GA prior to moving here. Our home there tested VERY high for Radon gas. It is a problem in many states and Georgia is one. As I said before, nothing happens to your home, it just has been believed to cause lung cancer and other respiratory problems. Had never heard of it til we moved there. I guess there is a risk of some sort where ever you live.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Sage

When visiting the west coast, I asked someone if they were afraid of earthquakes. Their response was, The benefits of the lifestyle outweigh the risks and after a while you don't think about it anymore. Hmmmmm..........
That sounds like living in TV.

Everyplace has some downside. Who would have thought that Sandy would devestate the northeast and then there is always three feet of snow to deal with and everything closed for several days.

There is risk no matter where you live.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpirate View Post
Thanks for the input and I will check into insurance when I come to TV next time. If I can get insurance coverage would not be a problem. Any insurance companies you would want to suggest checking with?
I don't worry about sinkholes as life is to short. keep in mind that sinkhole insurance has a 10% deductible and that 10% is 10% of the insured value of your home so a $200,000 home will carry a $20,000 deductible
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.