slide out pantry drawers

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Default slide out pantry drawers

I am wanting to have slide out drawers put in my pantry and other cabinets (gardenia). I have seen 2 different guys advertising in the newspaper that do this. Can some of you that have had sliders put in please tell me who you used and if you like the way they turned out. Also please let me hear from the people that did the work themselves, and where you bought the sliders.
Thanks so much in advance...........
Old 03-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Sage
Default Great idea

Is this a new build? If so, you could have had them installed during the build. If not, then it's a great idea to have them put in. We are currently building a gardenia as well and had sliders put in all cabinets except for the bathroom linen closet....I forgot that and may have to have it done later.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Veteran member
Default shelves that slide

If you want to DIY, check out pull out shelves that slide from $30.95 custom kitchen pullout shelving rollout pantry shelf pull-outs roll

I bought form them several years ago and have had no problems.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Platinum member

We had them installed in our first house by a handy person recommended by many people on TOTV. Some of the pull outs had to be cut down from the "stock" pull outs that he bought. I didn't like the way they finally turned out.

When we bought our new house, I called the warranty dept. to find out who instlled the cabinets and had them install pull outs that came from the mfr. It may have cost just a little bit more than the handy person's price, but I know they were made for the cabinet they went in.

We had them put in the master bath linen closet also. The back of those things are just a waste if you can't pull them out and see what's back there.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 03-07-2012, 07:34 AM

I installed my own. My cabinets are made by HomeCrest. I found them in the phone book. They are sold in the strip mall in Wildwood. They sold me 5 roll out shelves and I installed them myself. The rails snapped in the back and they needed leveled and 1 screw in the front. Really quite simple if you're handy at all. It took longer to unload and reload the shelves than it took to install them.

Bob
Old 03-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Default slide out pantry shelves

This gardenia was built in July, but we had NO option to have the sliders done with the build. In fact, there are now numerous things being done to current builds that they would not do for us when we asked. It would be better if they would decide what changes to new builds they will and will not allow and do the same thing for everyone, but sadly that is not the case.

Thanks for all the responses. I will check into the homecrest ones. I was hoping someone would have used the two guys that advertise most in the paper, to see who everyone liked best. Thanks again..........

Last edited by madrose; 03-07-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Sage
Smile

Mr. & Mrs. Fix-It
Toni and Walt Good
352-750-6344

did ours and did a good job!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Smile Pull out drawers

I used Affordable Pull Outs/All Ways Closet, 243-2513. Chris does a great job and for less than Baileys who originally put in our cabinets and pull-outs. He put additional pull-outs in some of my cabinets. He also build shelves for my closet. I highly recommend him.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Default pull out drawers

Thanks to everyone for alll the comments and suggestions. Gpod to know what works well for most of you. : )
Old 03-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Default In the build

I would consider having a lot of this type of work done after the build. I'm pretty sure they charge twice the price and then you get to pay taxes on these products for the rest of your life. Not much trouble to have most of these add on's done after the build and save TONS of money!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:14 AM

We were very happy with Affordable Pull Outs, both for the pantry closet and the kitchen cabinets.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Eternal Member
Default Upper and lower pull-out shelves

My bottom cabinets have things on the upper and lower shelves and I would like to keep it that way but I would like to be able to pull each level out separately.

Do they make upper and lower pull-out shelves?

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.