small pool construction

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Default small pool construction

I am thinking about having a pool installed, like anyone would like the best deal, price and good job would be nice. so far looking at t and d, united and sunshine. all info appreciated; email sherylb7@hotmail.com or call and leave message, 674-9059, thanks Steve
Old 05-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Founder
Default Re: small pool construction

This is our personal experience. We used United to install our pool. After the four month nightmare, we have a nice pool. About six months after installation, some wall stains developed. They were johnny on the spot. It only took 180 days of calls.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:14 PM

We used Sunshine. Everyone you talk to is very nice except that you usually only get to talk to the girls in the office. They started in September and we just recently got into our pool..8 months later. They told us the cement had to cure for 4 weeks. In the meantime they left debris and garbage from the installers in the pool. After numerous calls and 10 weeks later we showed them pictures of the mess they left and asked them if they would like to look at this everyday.

They installed a bronze birdcage and when they were about 75% complete the Architectural Review police told us to immediately stop work and take it down...didn't meet code because only white is permitted in Courtyard Villas...Sunshine then told us we should share in the cost ($1300) of taking it down, etc because it was our responsibility to know the code also. I had a copy of the Review Committee's approval that Sunshine submitted, with the notation "WHITE ONLY". Told them that it was not ever going to happen.

We then received a lien notice from the bird cage company...Sunshine says that is normal business and they would send me a a letter that would wave any liens...after many request still have not received it.

They installed a grab bar at the steps of the pool about 3 weeks ago at an additional cost of $350...it is now rusting. Called them over a week ago and they said they would get right back with me...haven't heard anything since.

My neighbor across the street used them at the same time they were installing our pool...same horrible experience.

Nuff said!
Old 05-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Sage

One of my neighbors used T&D to install a large spa/small pool .... they did the concrete work, installation, birdcage, solar panels, and either did or subbed out the landscaping. The whole process seems like it took 2 months, but, they did a beautfiul job and the neighbors are happy. They seemed to be neat and clean and methodical in their work.

We are looking at extending our lanai with a birdcage and I will look to them first for an estimate.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.