so sad....

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire
Default so sad....

http://www.dailyamerican.com/article...al/news119.txt

Do we have groups for people who are not happy with life? We live in the greatest place on earth but some need more help to really live the life. If others are reading this article and need help where do they go? This is not a subject that is openly talked about. If you know of groups or docs in the area that are good, please pass them along here. Let's help those in need. Again, all I can say it "so sad" and my heart goes out to everyone, including the neighbors.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Sage

Bad stuff to hear.......but it's reality, unfortunately. The better you know your neighbors/friends, the more this type of thing could perhaps be circumvented.

Bill
Old 11-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Taltarzac
Default Here's a link to information that can help prevent this.

http://www.nami.org/Content/Navigati...al_Illness.htm

You can find local support groups through here-- http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?section=Find_Support

Do agree that as long as you have caring neighbors this kind of thing may be prevented.

I had tried to get link to the NAMI web-site from local libraries here in Central Florida but had absolutely no luck at all.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 11-16-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire
Default Deaths and Help....

Tall and Bill, thanks for the information. I think you may have helped your fellow Villagers.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Alzheimer's is a cruel, ugly disease. I don't know if it was Mr. or Mrs. Holt who had it nor how long. I do know one of their neighbors (slightly). I happened to run into this neighbor who basically told me that one had Alzheimer's and the other one was recently diagnosed with a terminal illness. If this is accurate, then I doubt there was much anyone could have done to help. The caregiver probably was in so much despair that no out could be found for him. It is a tragedy, but not sure it is one that could have been prevented.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.